Claimed:Express De-Railed [Reviewed]

fever95

Express Drop Four Straight, Swept By Vikings

alex-goligoski-brenden-dillon-kari-lehto

The Cologne Express Concluded VHL's 48th Season with a final record of 34 wins, 34 losses, and 4 overtime or shootout losses for a total of 72 points in the 72 game season. This was good enough for third place in the European Conference, 28 points back of the second-place Stockholm Vikings and 34 points ahead of the fourth-place HC Davos Dynamo and set up a first-round playoff series date with the Stockholm Vikings. Stockholm and Cologne met in the regular season on eight occasions, and it was pretty much a wash in favour of Stockholm who won seven of the meetings, all in regulation time while the Express posted a lone overtime win. Stockholm outscored Cologne in the season series to the tune of 30 to 19 as the shots on goal were 314 to 219, once again favouring the franchise from Stockholm. Cologne's powerplay unit was pretty successful, scoring 7 times on 30 chances for a 23.33% success rate but their penalty-killers were not so fortunate, allowing 7 goals against on 30 chances, a 76.67% success rate.Stockholm's special team units were able to put up the exact same numbers as the previously mentioned numbers put up by Cologne. The Express took 75 penalty minutes, delivered 130 body checks, and blocked 84 shots while the Vikings put up 66, 128, and 48 respectively in the season series.

The trend of Stockholm getting the best of Cologne continued into their first-round playoff series, although the Express were able to keep the scores close for the most part. Game one was a 2-1 double overtime win for the Stockholm Vikings and they also picked up a 3-2 overtime win in game two. Game three was dominated by Stockholm when they smoked the Express by a score of 7-1 and finished the series off in Germany with a 3-2 double overtime win. The young Cologne club put up a valiant fight, but in the end it was just not enough to win them a playoff series, let alone a playoff game. Cologne was outscored 15-6 in the series and outshot by a huge amount, 217-140 and the special teams of the Express had a rough go of it. The powerplay unit scored only twice on 11 chances for a 18.18% success rate while the penalty-kill unit allowed three goals on 18 chances, finding an 83.33% success rate. Stockholm's powerplay clicked at 16.67% and their penalty-kill at 81.82% so they struggled even more so. Penalty minutes were 36 for Cologne and 22 for Stockholm with body checks favouring the Vikings 84-48 and the nod in shot blocks going to Express by a count of 47-44. Cologne will now look ahead to this off-season and try to improve their results in Season 49.

Review:

Good info here. I noticed two things though, 1. this article is only 466 words according to wordcounter.net and 2. I thought if you said the regular season matchups were a wash, that would mean they tied... I could be mistaken.

I would suggest trying to add a little more text between facts and stats, sometimes this can read as a sort of list of statistics but I'm guilty of doing that, too. Just something to be mindful of. Overall, well done and better luck next year. Keep earning that TPE, it's amazing how much you've earned since the draft. What's your secret?