Claimed:Parechkin Ready to Roll [Reviewed]

It's Go Time

As the top seeded team in the VHL, the Toronto Legion were one of a couple of teams to get a buy into the second round of the playoffs. The Helsinki Titans from over in the European Conference had a buy as well, and both teams waited patiently as the first round went on.

In Round 1, the Seattle Bears faced off against the New York Americans. It was a tough back and forth series where ultimately, the Bears won 2-1 in Game 7. New York out-shot Seattle 29-19, but goaltender Sandro Clegane dominated and brought the Bears to the Semi-Finals.

On the other side of the playoffs in Europe, the Cologne Express played against the offensive Stockholm Vikings. This series did not go as many were thinking that it would, as Stockholm actually swept the Express. Although, things did not go down as you might believe when you hear the word "sweep". Besides the one blowout where Stockholm won 7-1, the three other games went to OT. In Game 4, Simon Valmount was the hero for the Vikings, giving them the 2-1 win in 2OT.

--------------------------------

james-van-riemsdyk.jpg

--------------------------------

Now, on to the series that this article is all about. The Toronto Legion are set to square off against their rival Seattle Bears team. In the season series between these two clubs, the Legion were the more dominant one, having a series record of 6-2-0, with two shootout wins as well as one in overtime. Both Bears wins came by a score of 4-3. So, you would maybe think that on paper, the Toronto Legion have the upper hand. Although, as one knows about the playoffs, things do not always go down as planned.

Two games have actually already been played right now in this series, and it is currently tied 1-1. Both of these games were games of opposites. In Game 1, Toronto won by a score of 6-3, backed by 59 shots and a hat trick by Zach Parechkin, as well as Tim TebowGow's goal and three assists. Clegane saved 53 of 59 shots for the Bears.

As for Game 2, things quickly changed from the offensive battle in Game 1, to a defensive one in Game 2. The Seattle Bears shutout the Legion 2-0, backed by 28 saves by Sandro Clegane. The shots were even in this one, with Seattle in favour 29-28. Giving Toronto 31 less shots than the game before is a pretty huge improvement. Hans Wingate for Toronto saved 27 of 29, so the loss was definitely not on him.

As far as Zach Parechkin goes, he has plenty to prove. His DollarAndADream Agency itself has no Continental Cup to its name, and Zach Parechkin is looking for one himself. This is his third season in the VHL, and it has been one full of milestones. One thing is for sure, and it is that this Seattle and Toronto series is going to be interesting the whole way through.

We need to get some consistency in this series. I want to be a key factor here, and I do not want to get shut down, especially like I did in Game 2. I believe we definitely have what it takes to win the cup this season, but it's going to be a tough road. - Zach Parechkin

Review:

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Toronto are scary good. Nice write up and if you are planning on staying in Toronto for the next couple years... I think it's a guarantee that you'll get your Cup :) You definitely deserve one.

But seriously, nice write up. I hope to be on a successful team eventually, whether or not that's QC, idk. Good use of quotes without saying "Parechkin said,"  didn't notice any grammar issues or anything like that, either.

7 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

But seriously, nice write up. I hope to be on a successful team eventually, whether or not that's QC, idk. Good use of quotes without saying "Parechkin said,"  didn't notice any grammar issues or anything like that, either.

Quebec was where I was with my last player, Travis Boychuk. We were finalists a couple of times, and a contender team for multiple seasons. I know your GM can get QC back there, and you definitely have a good member base in that locker room. The Frank/Brovy combo was what created that success before.