Claimed:I used my fingers again [Reviewed]

jRuutu

IMG_8119.JPG

This year was a tough one for me and for the New York team. When you win the cup, every team wants to win you and show you, that they can beat you. It can be tough for the younger players in the team. For me personally everything about winning a cup and getting back to work was tough. You can try and prepare yourself for it, but there is really no way to know how you will feel about winning a cup and starting the whole journey again few weeks later.

I´m not going to lie, I partied like a crazy person for good chunk of the off-season. I did not drink any alcohol or do drugs or anything like that, but I watched Netflix in middle of the night and slept quite late. I missed at least five of the morning workout sessions the coaching team had put together. I was just too lazy to even get up from the bed, so I guess it´s safe to say that my off-season was not the best possible one. 

Having a bad off-season really showed after few rounds of regular season. I think it was roughly fifteen games into the season when I noticed that I´m tired as hell and we have not even played thirty minutes. Coaches and the GM noticed that as well and they pretty much forced me to work on my fitness . I knew that it was something I had to do anyways, so I agreed to do whatever they wanted me to do and it did not take too long for me to get back in shape and playing the whole game without actually feeling like I´m going to die.

iStock_000008755457Small.jpg

After somewhat rocky first half to the season everything started to look normal again. I managed to stay healthy and the team was playing well, so well that we made the playoffs again this year. Unfortunately the party was over too soon for us and we got eliminated on the first round. That was a big blow, we were playing really well in the last parts of the regular season, so getting knocked out so early was not something we even thought was possible.  The differences are small when playing in the playoffs, pretty much every team can win each other and we actually got knocked out of the playoffs in the glorious game seven, which I guess is the best way to go if the whole thing needs to end. 

We tried our best and this was the result this year. Everybody in New York will keep on fighting and if everything goes as planned, we will be back in the playoffs again next year. We will learn from this experience and if we have to play in game seven again in the future, we will win it. 

Review: Championship hangover always sucks. With not returning to the championship series again, that should help light a fire under you and your team. Get back to it and give me some competition when I enter the league next season.

• Evans changed the title to I used my fingers again [Reviewed]