My First Draft

Daniel

So last night's S49 VHL Entry Draft was my first as GM of the Helsinki Titans. I don't know if I can really count it as my first because I was out last night enjoying copious amounts of liquor and other things that I won't get into.

But anyway, the draft worked out exactly how I would've liked. I was admittedly really surprised with Calgary picking Doughty 2nd overall but I was delighted that the first name on my list, Thor Odinson was available to be picked with the 4th overall selection. It may have looked a little off the board to some people but from the contact I'd had with boom before the draft as well as the quality of his previous players it was a no brainer to me. 

Then it came to the 9th overall pick and we were able to add Shayne Gow to our roster. flyersfan is a member with a wealth of experience and it'll be great to have him on board with us as I take on my first season as GM. Although we didn't have the picks to add anyone after the first round, it was very pleasing to be able to add the two people I had singled out ahead of the day and really add two guys who will play a huge part in this team's future as we go through our retool.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Helsinki has really nice mix of cup winning veterans and youth now, looks more like retool than rebuild atm.

Shame about the goaltending situation though.

Hahah gauntlet thrown down.