VHL Evolution

Kesler

During the off-season (more specifically as a GM) it is a very busy time of the season, for many reasons. You guys know why, the playoffs have ended, the draft is around the corner, free agency is also shoved in. In all of this trades are going to be made, this off-season we saw some, some were big, some were small, some involved players, some didnt. 

What I am here to talk about is the evolution of the VHL player. Back when I first joined the league up to maybe 5-10 seasons ago there were a good amount of 600-700+ TPE players in the league, most players that passed that moved on to even higher amounts of TPE. Since the introduction of welfare and things making it easier to earn that 5,6,7tpe a week it has been very clear that players are no longer making players that reach these high TPE levels. So the player that used to maybe hit 800 in his career is now only hitting 400-500 because instead of having the motivation to do a PT like other players they are just claiming welfare.

This isnt necessarily a bad thing but what it does do is, it rewards players that earn that 9tpe a week and make good players. Take my player (Tom Lincoln) for example, I am only at like 450tpe a couple seasons in and am already a "star" player if you want to call it that. I remember when I was with Brovalenko, I didnt really get good till I reached 600tpe and that took forever from what I remember. Now you are seeing "depth players" that are hell, like 200tpe or even less being used more and more on teams and we no longer see inactive depth players in free agency. One benefit of this is the cap, playerd arent earning as much TPE anymore so therefore there cap really doesnt go up or atleast quickly enough to cause any problems. Competing teams can now ice 4 defensemen and 6 forwards because we rarely see players making 5m a season anymore.

Just thought I had on my mind...

I think it's possibly a thing of the draft classes you're competing with as well. Seasons 42-44 guys aren't around to dominate with some exceptions, and there were very few GM players from those times as well (just McJustice now, since Advantage and Flyersfan retired their guys early). Expected top-tier players either went inactive (Muffins, Ahma), mostly-inactive (Jamie, D_A), or retired early (Boom, Solas). Just a run of bad luck that opens up spots for younger guys, particularly at not-goalie, to do better.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I think it's possibly a thing of the draft classes you're competing with as well. Seasons 42-44 guys aren't around to dominate with some exceptions, and there were very few GM players from those times as well (just McJustice now, since Advantage and Flyersfan retired their guys early). Expected top-tier players either went inactive (Muffins, Ahma), mostly-inactive (Jamie, D_A), or retired early (Boom, Solas). Just a run of bad luck that opens up spots for younger guys, particularly at not-goalie, to do better.

Yeah, not-goalie. <_<