Claimed:Bears Running With The Wolf? [Reviewed]

Banackock

heartfelthastyeasteuropeanshepherd.gif?w

The way the North American Conference currently looks, it's tough to say who is going to make playoffs although some have marked in 3 specific teams (New York, Toronto and Quebec). The Bears are currently sitting outside a playoff spot despite having a fairly strong roster that would be capable of rolling over any team currently in the European conference. Taking a look at the Bears roster, you have a majority of the pieces needed to win. You have excellent wingers, great Defense and a stellar goaltender in Sandro Clegane. Along with that, you have the right pieces of depth to go along for the punch. However, one thing you will notice is that the team is missing something that all those who are higher than them have. A guy to play in between the Wingers and win something the Bears are losing a fair amount of (face offs). Yep, a Center.

While being hired into the Bears organization as the next guy to lead the Bears to hopeful glory, GM Campbell's player currently entered the system as a goalie. Although he was an extremely strong goalie and it's always nice to have a back up for when the time comes, it didn't make sense to Campbell. At the rate he was progressing and climbing in skill level, they'd be paying big money to have 2 good goalies sit on their roster and would take away money that could be spent elsewhere. Another huge concern, as noted above, was the lack of a strong center man. After some consideration and consultation with the team members, Campbell's player retired and a new legacy was born. Sven Wolf, the play making Swede center that's currently rolling with the Brampton Blades in the VHLM looks to be the guy that will help the Bears organization push past the barrier. Both Campbell and Wolf had spoken out and this is what each had to say:

xBI5MNM_medium.gif

Campbell on Wolf joining the Bears:

"We knew we needed a center and as the regular season progressed, it became more evident. We tried to fill the gap by having Muller line it up and practice more on face offs, and brought in a depth guy in Blacker, but you know, doesn't seem to be working. Wolf is going to be a beast, no pun intended. He's got the skill and determination to become an extremely talented player in the VHL and we know he's going to be a huge asset to Seattle.

Wolf on joining the Bears:

"It's going to be a good experiencing going somewhere I'm needed. I'm going to be counted on and although with no experience in the big leagues, I know I can handle it. I'm going to push myself and become what they expect me to become. 

Rumor has it the Bears are looking and possibly changing directions and that a trade block has been put up throughout the league with no specific player added to the block.  Of course once we heard this, we had to get Campbell to comment on it. For a week now, hes dodged the question but had finally opened up about the current situation in Seattle. 

18a43c20-9d7a-0132-a2d4-0e6808eb79bf.gif

"You have 4 teams chasing playoffs and these teams aren't weak teams. There's not 2 strong, 2 good - they're all pretty strong teams and it's making for one hell of a battle. There's certain things you need to look at. You know, we gave it a go. We brought in some strong pieces and tried to adapt with our one weakness and currently the process isn't working. When I came into this team, it was obviously a previous GM who built this team. I've added some pieces, but a lot of it is his team. For success, especially for my own to bring to the Bears, changes may need to be made. You watch the weather, it calls for rain. What do you do? Prepare yourself. Right now, it's cloudy, possibly looking like rain in Seattle. Without releasing too much, we'e currently looking at all our options and at the end of the day, will do what we have to do to get a cup. If a rebuild will earn us a stronger chance at a cup, even if it takes 2-3 seasons to fur sure do so, that's what we'll do. If we can do it now, we'll also do that. 

Review:

good article, Wolf will be a great addition to Seattle! Brampton is looking very strong this year. also im 99% sure that that pun was totally intended.

733 words :D

• FacePuncher changed the title to Claimed:Bears Running With The Wolf? [Reviewed]