A Man of Many Leagues [Reviewed]

Wall of Text

This week I just don't know what to talk about. Usually when that happens, I go with the old, "What's Happening In Legion Country Lately?", or do one of my "A Brief Look Back at So and So's Career" spots. Although this time around, I am slightly more bored than usual.

Recently it has started to dawn on me, regarding the time I spend thinking about sim leagues. It is Saturday night, and while I did go out for a little bit, I also found myself thinking, "Damn, I still have to come up with a PT for VHL by tomorrow and do the PT for the SHL.". That was not even it either, considering I was still planning on doing a signature for the VFC, which I completed earlier. Hell, I even spent time playing NHL 16 tonight with a few VHL guys. That was pretty fun though, despite me being the only one without a mic.

-------------------------

620-jvr-thumb-620xauto-336335.jpg

-------------------------

I am starting to feel like maybe I am taking on too much. Having to come up with something for the VHL, SHL, SBA, and VFC every week. Never mind the GOMHL, where I usually write a brief article for the extra TPE there as well. I think it is possibly a good thing that the USFL recently was shut down for reasons unknown to anyone but the simmer, and the SBL died in its tracks even though things were looking up. It was getting a little hectic with my work week, basically having to do a PT for like five different simulation sports leagues every weekend. I could obviously take a break whenever I want to, but I almost feel obligated just to keep progressing. I suppose it is part of identity that I have taken on, with rarely missing a chance to earn fake points to add onto my fake players. Sure, that is a little negative, considering I would not be here if I was not having fun with it.

I have no idea where I am really going with this. I think I have made it obvious however that the VHL is my priority, as it was my first league and is clearly my favourite one. The SBA is different for me, because I have never been a huge NBA fan or anything, but I have followed it every season. I watch a ton of the playoffs every year, but reading into the statistics of it all was never any big deal to me like it is for hockey, and in a sim league that is very important. Nonetheless, I have made myself a top pick in the upcoming SBA draft, possibly going 1st overall. Not to try and scare anyone off though, because I have definitely gotten more and more involved with SBA since I joined, and learned more about all the stats as it went on. I do not plan to slow down there.

I am just starting to find this all a little humorous. After the VHL, every sim league I joined I told everyone not to expect big things from me. What do I go and do, though? I become a big TPE earner and an important piece to my teams. This is what I do to myself.

All in all, the VHL is my home for sim leagues. It is where it all started for me, and I am extremely glad that Kendrick recruited me. I swear, if I heard about this in Season 1, I would have been here. Hopefully this season my Toronto Legion and I can win another cup, but things are looking much tougher now. The big teams this season have gotten strong.

Review:

Good insight here. I feel the pain, working full time, raising a family, being in every league under the sun, it takes a lot of time. I've been absent lately with a convention in Boston but I'm back now. 

Anyway, good article, I'm usually not a fan of real life articles though lol kind of ruins the vibe for me. Reviewing subjectively though this article is great, no grammar problems or anything like that.