Game of Thrones: Book Wankers

Victor

• Admin

We used to have a thread but it's not really spoilery any more. In fact, this is kinda what does the show spoil in the books thread. That's something which I've been thinking about this season.

So how far do you guys think Season 6 has deviated from what GRRM will eventually publish? I think some elements will be very similar to the books, namely how Hodor died, the siege of Meereen (more drawn out but resolved by dragons). I don't think Dany will make a deal with Victarion though like she did with the Greyjoys in the show.

I think Winterfell will go very differently in the books though. No Sansa and I suspect Jon won't get out of the Watch so easily ("oh I died so I'm free of my vows" "Proof?" "uhhhhh"). Ramsay still kills Roose which confirms northern lords' revolt? Stannis wins? I think that's quite likely.

I also wonder what certain deaths/omissions mean to the book storylines. Are Griff and Stoneheart not important? Does Blackfish do anything after getting out of Riverrun? Is Davos' quest to find Rickon unsuccessful?

And finally (well, not really, but for this post anyway), does Benjen come back in the books or was that just fan service?

1 hour ago, Victor said:

We used to have a thread but it's not really spoilery any more. In fact, this is kinda what does the show spoil in the books thread. That's something which I've been thinking about this season.

So how far do you guys think Season 6 has deviated from what GRRM will eventually publish? I think some elements will be very similar to the books, namely how Hodor died, the siege of Meereen (more drawn out but resolved by dragons). I don't think Dany will make a deal with Victarion though like she did with the Greyjoys in the show.

I think Winterfell will go very differently in the books though. No Sansa and I suspect Jon won't get out of the Watch so easily ("oh I died so I'm free of my vows" "Proof?" "uhhhhh"). Ramsay still kills Roose which confirms northern lords' revolt? Stannis wins? I think that's quite likely.

I also wonder what certain deaths/omissions mean to the book storylines. Are Griff and Stoneheart not important? Does Blackfish do anything after getting out of Riverrun? Is Davos' quest to find Rickon unsuccessful?

And finally (well, not really, but for this post anyway), does Benjen come back in the books or was that just fan service?

it shall not end until my death

Just now, Victor said:

I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the plausibility of that in the eyes of the rest of the north.

True. He might technically be released from them while his former charges don't see it that way