Claimed:The Wolf is Ready to Run with the Bears!

Banackock

MacArthurPassBetweenOwnLegsTurrisWild.gi

Sven Wolf sets up Diana Maxwell for the 3rd period tally VS the Red Wolves

The start of the season was a mess for Sven Wolf as it seen him switching from a really established, talented young goalie to a center learning a new trait. Some were optimistic on how he would do, others were high believers and others were really questioning his ability to switch positions and still become a young player who the potential of becoming elite. However, it seems as though Sven Wolf may simply be a natural hockey player with any given position coming natural to him as it seems he's almost a better center man than he was a goaltender. During S49's draft and right after switching to the position, Wolf was picked up by the Brampton Blades and added onto a team of offensive chaos. With players like Diana Maxwell ( @Streetlight ), Theo  Axelsson ( @solas ), some nice depth players and more depth on the blueline, it looked like paradise for those looking to try and rack up the points. Later on, the team also added Jack Kraken ( @jack ) who has exploded since coming over to the Blades organization, tripling his Points Per game average since. 

Now, Wolf tends to be the 2nd and 3rd guy when it comes to being tallied up on the goal sheet. He's not known to score lots of goals, nor score the big ones and he's completely okay with that. He currently prides himself on being one of the VHLM's natural play makers and states that while he is young, he's still putting up incredible numbers that are competing with players a year ahead of him in age and development. Alongside that, Sven Wolf can also win faceoff's draws like it's nobodies business and is currently sitting first place in the VHLM with his winning percentage. With the playoffs approaching and his possible debut with the Bears coming quicker and quicker each day, one would be intrigued to see what the young center is going to focus on when it comes to his personal development on the ice and in the locker room. With that, let's take a look back at what the young centers done so far with a quick recap of his progress thus far.

sueprman5.gif?w=1000

Wolf pumping iron (more than Podarok @ADwyer87 ) 

143 TPE (after updates go in)

Sven Wolf has managed to gain 143 TPE so far and has done it all before the playoffs have even started. With the playoffs and all the TPE that will come from that, it's very easy to think that Wolf will be pushing passed the cap limit for the VHLM and will be debuting next season with the Seattle Bears. He's chasing winger AK47 right now on the Bears team for development gains and states "I'm just focusing on me. I know where I'm being drafted, what my job is going to be and that if I can make this push, I am guaranteed a #1 center position. That's what I want!" With 70 SK, 70 PH, 70 PA, 75.5 FO, 52 SC etc, it' going to be exciting watching the future of this players quick development!

18 G, 65 A, 83 PTS in 72 GP

Something we'll briefly touch upon as we already had above, but Wolf currently is playing as a play maker in the VHLM and is truly focusing on his passing skills. Although he has stated a couple times that his scoring will increase dramatically, one can't help but wonder which direction he will take once he makes it to the VHL. Everyone loves to score those big goals, but there's very few big-time play makers in the VHLM and his presence as one would surely make an impact for the Bears. We expect a possible 89 SC, 99 PA in the future.

68.11 FO% (1st in the league)

As a young, rookie in the VHLM, it's a little surprising to see that Sven Wolf is winning a huge amount of his draws (slightly over two-thirds) and is sitting atop the kingdom when it comes to such statistic. This is another trait that the young player focuses on fairly significantly and has spoken to media regarding it countless times saying he wants to be ready if he is in the big leagues. He's counted on to win draws and that's what he plans on doing. So over the next while, it'll be interesting to see how and what he does with the FO development and other things that could help define him as an elite, young draw winner.