Claimed:On The Cusp [Reviewed]

The initial rosters of the 50th Victory Hockey League All-Star game is about to commence and we will have some players who will unfortunately miss the cut. Here are players who are on the voting list to choose from:

Calgary Wranglers - Marquis Hyvarinen

Hyvarinen is the leading Wranglers in scoring this year ahead of rookies Theo Axelsson and Travis Gownecny. This year Hyvarinen has been pretty solid as he has scored 11 goals and assisted on 30 goals for 41 points in 48 games. This is good enough for 7th in defenseman scoring. The argument could be made for others because he plays on a weak team which means there is a lot of icetime for him as he would probably be a depth defenceman on a top team. Nonetheless he is still having a good season for himself. In my opinion he won't be making it to the All-Star game this year.

Cologne Express - Tyson Kohler, E'Twaun Delicious, David Hamilton, Biggu Kyanon and Artom Zhumbayev

The next team on the list is the Cologne Express who have 5 players on the ballot. Tyson Kohler was a lock in my mind just as soon as last week but in the 10 games since his production has dropped off. Kohler has 28 goals and 21 assists for 49 points this year. Just last week though he was in the top 12 in scoring with 42 points. 7 points in 10 games since last week is good but it wasn't good enough as others as he now stands at 18th in league scoring. E'Twaun Delcious is the new toy on the block for Cologne. He has 27 goals and 24 goals for 51 points. All of these points came with the New York Americans, but I want to see what he can do playing with more players who can light up the scoresheet as he just had Reencarncion. David Hamilton has had a great year along with Biggu Kyanon on the defensive side of things for Cologne. Both have 43 and 44 poitns respectively. Zhumbayev is having a great year with 33-12-3 record and a .922 save percentage. I expect David Hamilton and Artom Zhumbayev to make the All-Star game.

HC Davos Dynamo - Shawn Muller, Jorma Ruutu and Bubba Nuck

Shawn Muller is having himself a nice season despite the midseason slump he seemed to have. So far this year he has scored 26 goals and assisted on 30 for 56 points. Good enough for 11th in league scoring for a forward. Jorma Ruutu is right behind him with 29 goals and 26 assists for 55 points and 12th in league scoring for a forward. Last but not least is newly acquired Bubba Nuck from the Seattle Bears. He is 6th in defenseman scoring this season with 5 goals and 37 assists for 42 points. This could be me being biased but I would name Shawn Muller to the All-Star Game.

Helsinki Titans - Thor Odinsson, Shayne Gow and Theo Matsikas

Thor Odinsson is having an outstanding season for a rookie this year with 29 goals and 27 assists for 56 points. This is good enough for 10th in league scoring for forwards. Shayne Gow is also leading the rookie brigade in Helsinki with 7 goals and 33 assists for 40 points, this is good enough for 9th in defenseman scoring. Last but not least is Theo Matsikas who has just 34 points. He was the last name added to the ASG ballot in my mind for a defenseman. Thor Odinsson and Shayne Gow recieved my votes from this group of player to make it.

Quebec City Meute - Greg Clegane

Greg Clegane is having himself a great season, although it isn't as great as his last. He is 30-11-3 with a .921 save percentage and 5 shutouts. He should take one of the two goalie spots in the vote. 

Riga Reign - Ilya Kopralkov

Ilya is not having a good year from a win/loss record in my opinion and his save percentage isn't as good too. He has a record of 19-20-2 with a .906 save percentage. Not good enough compared to the others that are on the ballot.

Seattle Bears - Jakub Holik

Jakub Holik is also in the same boat as Kopralkov but his save percentage is better. His record is 16-20-5 with a .913 save percentage. Although, his save percentage is better, it's just not as a good as others on the ballot.

Stockholm Vikings - Atticus Von Braxton IV

AVBIV again, is in the same boat as Kopralkov and Holik. His record of 5-40-4 is terrible and his .909 save percentage is just better than Kopralkov. He won't make the team.

Toronto Legion - Max Molholt

Here is someone who had a monster season last year but for now he has just had an above average season with 24 goals and 27 assists for 51 points. This is good enough for 16th in league scoring. Quite the downfall a lot of people never predicted that would happen to Molholt. He doesn't make the ASG in my opinion. 

All-Star Vote Winners (imo):

Shawn Muller

Thor Odinsson

David Hamilton

Shayne Gow

Artom Zhumbayev

Greg Clegane

On 8/15/2016 at 11:42 PM, TheLastOlympian07 said:

Hyvarinen is the leading Wranglers in scoring this year ahead of rookies Theo Axelsson and Travis Gownecny.

I think you maybe started typing this sentence on way then changed your mind and went a different direction. 

He has 27 goals and 24 goals for 51 points.

Assuming 27 goals and 24 assists for 51 points?

Ilya is not having a good year from a win/loss record in my opinion and his save percentage isn't as good too.

"...isn't as good either" I believe is more grammatically correct here.

AVBIV again, is in the same boat as Kopralkov and Holik.

Jakub Holik is also in the same boat as Kopralkov

How big is this boat?

Nice job with the article.  Any issues I had are noted above but nothing major.  I like to see what people think of other players in the league. I kinda was hoping I'd get a spot on the ballot since I hit a pretty nice streak recently but maybe next year.

Keep up the good work!