Claimed:Quebec Players Shine in All-Star Game [Reviewed]

scoop

Quebec Players Shine in All-Star Game

The S50 All-Star Game between Team Kendrick and Team Power was a relatively low-scoring match, with the final score being 5-3 (since S15, only only one other ASG has had as few as eight goals total) in favor of team Kendrick. Starring for Team Kendrick were Quebec City teammates Tom Lincoln and Unassisted, earning themselves the first and second stars of the game, respectively. Representatives from the Meute had impressive performances in last season's show-match as well, with Jeff Hamilton being named the second star while playing for Team Victor.

Tom Lincoln, who has been having a phenomenal season for Quebec, got the scoring started early this season. The team had been putting a lot of pressure on Hans Wingate, who had already had to make six saves in the first two and a half minutes. Before the third minute was up, Lincoln managed to put one past the future Hall of Famer, scoring the only goal of the first period. Assists went to Bubba Nuck and Unassisted on the play.

Team Power would tie the game up very early into the second period, but less than a minute later, Team Kendrick retook the lead on a goal by Niels Skovgaard. Unassisted notched his second assist of the game, and he got his third just 39 seconds later when Lincoln scored his second goal to add to the lead. Team Kendrick would pile it on this period, scoring twice more. Tom Lincoln scored his third goal of the game to increase the lead to three before Unassisted scored one of his own, for which Lincoln would be credited with an assist.

http://mayorsmanor.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Carter-on-ice.jpg

Tom Lincoln is a pretty good hockey player.

This was Lincoln's second All-Star Game, having played in his first the prior year. He also showed up in that game, scoring two goals and adding an assist in a much higher scoring game (20 goals were scored in total). Unassisted as well had a similar game a year ago, with three points (1 G, 2 A) in his ASG debut. Also showing up on the score sheet as a representative from Quebec was Aleksi Koponen, who had a goal and an assist while also blocking two shots. (Koponen did play in this most recent ASG, but he did next to nothing). The star of the show in S49, as far as Meute players are concerned, was Jeff Hamilton, who had three goals and three assists. This was not enough to bring home a victory for Team Victor, however, as fellow defenseman Biggu Kyanon took home first star honors for Team ADwyer, scoring three goals and three assists of his own.

It is worth noting that not all of the Quebec representatives in these All-Star Games had positive impacts on their teams. One player in particular performed exceptionally poorly in both S49 and S50, and that was goalie Greg Clegane. In S49, he allowed Team ADwyer to get out to a 4-0 lead, making just three saves in his period of play. He performed even worse this season, as he made just two saves, but once again allowed for goals, three of which were scored by teammates.

For as impressive as some of their players have been in the All-Star Game, Quebec has bigger things in mind. Last season, the Meute were bounced from the playoffs by the Legion in six games after winning the Victory Cup. This season, it appears that Toronto will be taking the top seed, but Quebec is still very much a competitive team. If their players can bring their ASG magic to the playoffs, where the games actually matter, then maybe they will find the post-season success they are looking for.

That is, of course, if Greg Clegane doesn't fuck it up.

Review: 

Ya know, I heard STZ is hiring some mag writers... 

Very well done, man, I haven't reviewed many of your articles but the ones I have read are great. I like how you referenced the previous ASGs as well. Definitely better than what I write, I can hardly remember what happened last sim let alone a whole season ago.

• evrydayimbyfuglien changed the title to Quebec Players Shine in All-Star Game [Reviewed]