Sense 8

Phil

I wrote a review to my friend (who suggested I watch it) about episode six. I'll post it below in a spoiler code:

So Episode 6... "Demons".

First of all... YES! ORGY!! Will finally shows me what the fuck Arnold was talking about.. cumming in the gym. 

I am also fucking impressed because I was thinking about this during episode 3, but never commented on it... what are the negative consequences of visiting? Will shows us perfectly, as he gets Reilly out of that life/death situation, but in the process beats his own cop pals. That was pretty terrifying on both ends... though as I have alluded to, the orgy totally makes me forget about it... damn that black-chick's nipples (and lips... thick and juicy)..

It also answered another question with Will and Reilly in the bar.. where they swap phone numbers and actually have the first "real" interaction between the characters! 

Also going back to that orgy.. because, you know... sex.... but before that scene, all the visiting has been taken place in couples. Very interesting to see the interactions of two very distinct characters, but now I'd love to see more than two at a times.. and if their naked, well... bonerus 

Though I am continuing to get the sense that the show's driving point is that the human experience knows no sexual, racial, or physical boundaries. I figured from the intro of the series that this would be the point, but honestly, it really shone through in that orgy scene. 

As an extension... it's also showing off one of mankind's most remarkable traits: empathy! And not just in the orgy... (but I feel I'll be returning to that time and time again)... even that bad Nairobian dude (Silus or something) the one with the daughter who has Leukemia, you can't help but feel empathy towards that family.. it sort of forces us to think about how everyone has different pains, troubles, anxieties to deal with.. which is easily done through the way they've set up the show.

And as those thoughts were running through my head... we get to the the scene with Reily and Sun. which just drives home the empathy card for me.  Such an emotional seen with all the feels you promised. I swear I choked up at least once there... both explaining how much danger their in and how alone they feel.

But at the end of that interaction is the key to.. well.. almost fucking everything in my opinion  - When they say "I thought I was alone". It only takes a little compassion and understanding to negate the feelings of being alone and helpless... to make a connection.. to feel a sense of...humanity

WOW! I just re-read this before sending... this is fucking long... and I'm not sorry at all. Honestly, I can't remember a time where I've felt more engrossed and encapsulated by a show (Game of Thrones aside). But even still... I know I'm watching something special and good luck to anyone who tries to disturb me whilst viewing this phenomenon.
cleardot.gif
Edited by Phil