Black Hot

Higgins

lebron-james-gives-epic-speech-after-win

VHL Championship and Playoff MVP

Not one. Not two. Three championships. Black Velvet was born and raised in Toronto and grew up a huge fan of the Toronto Legion. In Season 48 he was projected to be selected in the top two picks, and when the Toronto Legion won the draft lottery it was a dream come true. He joined a core that was just entering their prime and had acquired the best goaltender Hans Wingate in free agency. The expectations were sky high in Toronto especially for the hometown boy, Black Velvet. Defeating the Helsinki Titans, Cologne Express and HC Davos Dynamo in the VHL Finals granted the Toronto Legion something that had never happened before, a three-peat.

Black Velvet, the Legion, and the city of Toronto were once again on top of the hockey world. With fans already starting to feel a buzz for a potential four-peat, there were rumors that hometown hero Black Velvet was going to leave the team he grew up idolizing. A week after the third championship win, Black Velvet went to free agency and was contacted by nine organizations. The hardest offer to turn down was from the Toronto Legion. I had to think long and hard about what is best for my personal career as a hockey player, and at this moment it was to leave the team that has been so great to me for the last three seasons. I highly respect Molholt as a General Manager as he made all the right moves, and kept the core group of players together for three seasons while bringing in new players each season to put us over the top. I love the teammates in Toronto, who worked their asses off to earn TPE, and I made sure to let them know prior to leaving in the locker room. The Legion were the only organization that could have been upset over Black Velvet not signing with them, but they were all class from the players to management and accepted my decision and I thank them for that. Free agency isn't easy because you have to disappoint up to 9 teams, but I took the time to listen to pitches from all the interested teams before making a final decision. The only team losing an asset here, with a right to be upset was the Toronto Legion. I didn't tell anyone I would sign with them, I listened and asked question to the managers, but never committed to any team until 60 minutes before signing.

Now I'm off to play for the Calgary Wranglers for Season 51 and I'm very happy with my decision. They had an active core of young players all on cheap rookie contracts, one of the best goalies, and a boat load of cap space to make moves. Being able to sign with two other players, Unassisted and Kohler, from my draft class was pure insanity, that shit never happens, especially not 3 of the 4 top picks of the S48 draft right after our entry level contracts. I can tell you that nothing was pre-planned before free agency opened and the idea of signing together was almost a last minute decision. Calgary provides an exciting new challenge for Black Velvet and I hope to be able to take a leadership role on the team going forward.

49 minutes ago, Higgins said:

lebron-james-gives-epic-speech-after-win

VHL Championship and Playoff MVP

Not one. Not two. Three championships. Black Velvet was born and raised in Toronto and grew up a huge fan of the Toronto Legion. In Season 48 he was projected to be selected in the top two picks, and when the Toronto Legion won the draft lottery it was a dream come true. He joined a core that was just entering their prime and had acquired the best goaltender Hans Wingate in free agency. The expectations were sky high in Toronto especially for the hometown boy, Black Velvet. Defeating the Helsinki Titans, Cologne Express and HC Davos Dynamo in the VHL Finals granted the Toronto Legion something that had never happened before, a three-peat.

Black Velvet, the Legion, and the city of Toronto were once again on top of the hockey world. With fans already starting to feel a buzz for a potential four-peat, there were rumors that hometown hero Black Velvet was going to leave the team he grew up idolizing. A week after the third championship win, Black Velvet went to free agency and was contacted by nine organizations. The hardest offer to turn down was from the Toronto Legion. I had to think long and hard about what is best for my personal career as a hockey player, and at this moment it was to leave the team that has been so great to me for the last three seasons. I highly respect Molholt as a General Manager as he made all the right moves, and kept the core group of players together for three seasons while bringing in new players each season to put us over the top. I love the teammates in Toronto, who worked their asses off to earn TPE, and I made sure to let them know prior to leaving in the locker room. The Legion were the only organization that could have been upset over Black Velvet not signing with them, but they were all class from the players to management and accepted my decision and I thank them for that. Free agency isn't easy because you have to disappoint up to 9 teams, but I took the time to listen to pitches from all the interested teams before making a final decision. The only team losing an asset here, with a right to be upset was the Toronto Legion. I didn't tell anyone I would sign with them, I listened and asked question to the managers, but never committed to any team until 60 minutes before signing.

Now I'm off to play for the Calgary Wranglers for Season 51 and I'm very happy with my decision. They had an active core of young players all on cheap rookie contracts, one of the best goalies, and a boat load of cap space to make moves. Being able to sign with two other players, Unassisted and Kohler, from my draft class was pure insanity, that shit never happens, especially not 3 of the 4 top picks of the S48 draft right after our entry level contracts. I can tell you that nothing was pre-planned before free agency opened and the idea of signing together was almost a last minute decision. Calgary provides an exciting new challenge for Black Velvet and I hope to be able to take a leadership role on the team going forward.

k