Monday Morning Magic: Jacob Trouba

Kendrick

Jacob Trouba has signed with the Winnipeg Jets! However, the deal is worth $6 Million dollars over 2 years and many things are left out in the open. This seems like a bridge deal for Trouba who at first was reported as wanting out of Winnipeg because of family pressure to leave the city. Which this deal, it leaves many things up in the air. One of those is that his contract is very manageable for another team to take on and trade with Winnipeg for. The other part is that if a suitor isn't found for Trouba would he even sign post-two-year deal with the Jets or would he go elsewhere?

Do you think Trouba signed in hopes of a sign-and-trade coming along later? Chime in below

http://www.tsn.ca/jets-trouba-agree-to-two-year-6m-contract-1.602366

jacob-trouba.jpg

1 hour ago, TheLastOlympian07 said:

I think it is very likely he gets dealt in the off-season at the latest. I think they will try for a deal by trade deadline but none will happen. Off-season is probably where he will get dealt.

I agree. It would be interesting to see what a team give sup for him knowing that he is due for a big pay day come the expired time of his contract.