The S51 VHLM GMoTY is...?

hedgehog337

The S51 is slowly coming to an end and soon we'll find out the award winners. Right now, I'm going to speak about the VHLM GMoTY award, because we'll have an interesting battle for it IMO. I'll name 4 GM's who probably are going to catch this award. 

@GunnerMoscow Red Wolves. Well, he made it into finals with 11 players on roster (I think this is pure luck, but still), so he should be considered as a contender at least. And if Moscow wins, he may have a good chance to chase that award. But there's one big problem: he went inactive in the middle of the season, because he was burned out, leaving his team without a GM. Not a first choice for me, idk what other GM's will do. 

@ADwyer87Saskatoon Wild. He also made it into finals and he was able to make a full-roster team. I think Sasky is going to take it all, making Podarok a first choice for the award. Unfortunately, he also went inactive, but at least he told us his reasons. My first choice for the VHLM GMoTY. 

@President Donald TrumpBern Royals. I guess he's more like honorable mention here since his team suffered a first round exit, but hey, he made a competitive team as well. IMO, with Bern in finals, there would have been a nice chance to see him with that award, but oh well. 

@hedgehog337Bratislava Watchmen. I don't know. I had a good roster, but something went wrong. I was the one of only two active GM's in conference finals (the other one is Smarch), but this is the only thing I can brag about. 

And who's your VHLM GM of the year?

1 TPE goes to Petenis. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Wasty said:

Aren't Awards based on regular season and not playoffs?

I don't know why people occasionally bring that up in relation to top GM. You GM to win the cup and you can't judge that without the playoffs. Yeah it's a lottery sometimes but if you made the right moves and just missed out, it will still be noticed. It's just that someone might have made less big moves but staying put was the right GM move.