Claimed:Christmas is over

jRuutu

christmasarea_100816_wreathes

Another Christmas over, for some reason they seem to go by faster every year. Might be something to do with me getting older. I used to love Christmas time when I was younger, gifts and the weather played a big part in that. This year I did not even write to Santa. I´m starting to think he is not even a real man. I have tried riding a horse few times, it´s really hard, how can one guy keep like six reindeers under his control like that? 

Last year I wrote a letter to him and asked if it would be too much for him to fix us a nice white Christmas. Guess what kind of weather we had in Finland? It was actually raining water!? Can you believe that? There was absolutely no snow either. It´s quite hard to find Christmas spirit when you listen to songs about snow and Christmas while looking outside and it´s raining water and there is no snow.

I was annoyed, so I did not even send him a letter this year, I cant even remember when was the last Christmas when we had snow on the ground. Santa does not listen, or if he does, he does not try too hard to make white Christmas happen. I could understand some snow, which would mean he at least tried, but to make it rain water and have all the snow melt away days before is just terrible. Quite remarkable how his reputation is so good still.

e6f6a8266c70d77371c657d14f72d566.jpg

I did not get any gifts this year, we talked with all the adults in the family few years ago and agreed that gifts are fine if you want to give them, but do not expect to get any. I like that to be honest, these days Christmas is all about relaxing with the family and eating well. Not so much about the gifts. 

Having said all that, I had a lovely time back home in Finland this year again. Weather was brutal, but I got the chance to rest and see some family members that I don´t get to see so often during the year. The food was great as well, so Christmas was a good one.

2015-fireworks-clipart-1.jpg

Now I´m back in Quebec already and getting ready for the new years party at our Gm´s house. I´m not sure if he knows that we are doing that, since it´s bit of surprise party, but I´m sure he wont mind it. We bought a lot of drinks and fireworks, so it should be awesome!

Not 100% sure when the first game of the year 2017 is, but I´m confident that everybody are ready to roll and trying to make sure we can end the regular season with a positive feeling. Not been a easy year for us as a team, but it´s the little things like this new years party that keeps the morale inside the team high.