Müller Speaks on Draft Stock

solas

Bratislava Watchmen center and S53 prospect Lukas Müller has been known to speak his mind to anyone who will listen.  While his team has been making efforts to keep him away from the media as of late, the VHLM assists leader has managed to make some more controversial comments after a recent game.  With the draft getting nearer and nearer as the season comes to close, it seems clear that Ottawa Lynx center Franchise Cornerstone is the easy pick for first overall - especially after his MVP-caliber season in the VHLM.  But Müller disagrees.

“No way that guy should be picked ahead of me.  The VHLM and the VHL are completely different beasts, and scouts should know that.  He’s taking advantage of weak defensive play that you won’t see at a higher level.  I’m a star.  I play in a style that will fit perfectly in the pros.  You can see clearly that everyone wants to be a goalscorer in the VHL nowadays. Cornerstone is one of those guys.  I can add something different to a team because I pass and create scoring chances.  General managers know this.  To anyone doubting me, you’ll see in five years.”

Müller was quickly taken away from the microphone by an unidentified teammate before he said anything else.  We’ll have to wait and see if this will affect his draft stock.

Edited by solas