Dadonov Considers Future

Daniel

After a monster season on a bare Cologne team, Dmitri Dadonov weighs up his options. Not long remains in his career and so far he's yet to find himself on a legitimate contender and the appeal of free agency grows every day. Although nearly every VHL team has a set option in net, Dadonov has consistently been one of the league's best goalies since his first season with Helsinki in S49. To put Dadonov's performance in context, he finished 2nd behind Sandro Clegane in SV% by a margin of 0.001 and tied with Jakab Holik. Dadonov faced a ridiculous 900 more shots on the season than either of these two and still managed to keep pace.

It's been obvious that my activity's died a lot and honestly I've really not enjoyed this season. To call the Cologne LR dead would be an understatement and I don't see where this is going at all. Dadonov only has a handful of years left in his career and after spending his entire time so far on weaker rebuilding teams I want to go to somewhere that will get my interest going again and where I'll have a chance at going for a cup. If Cologne can convince me that things can change and we can become legitimate contenders next season then I would be open to re-signing but if that isn't the case I'm going to consider all my options over the offseason.