Claimed:Scandinavian fever [1/2]

jRuutu

image.jpg

Season 52 was a good one for me, 20 goals and 54 points in 72 games! Defensively I can improve a lot and same can be said about everything really, but I guess I did something right during the season, since I was picked to represent Team Scandinavia in the World Cup! 

I did not even dream about being picked before the season started, so it was a surprise. I knew I had the chance to be in the roster selection talks if I manage to get close to 40 point mark and play somewhat evenly night after night. 
Last week I got a call from the GM of the team, he told me to pack my stuff and meet with the team in Stockholm! I almost cried and felt of my chair, but those feelings quickly went away when I realized that I have to travel to Stockholm. Never been a fan of Sweden, mostly because they force us to study Swedish in school, they do not make Swedish kids study Finnish in school, so it has always been a hot topic in every school in Finland and something that has helped in creating the little rivalry between Sweden and Finland.

At the moment we have three openly Swedish players in Team Scandinavia,  Sven Wolf, Theo Axelsson and Tobias Klinberg. From Finland we got Aleksi Koponen, Diego Jokinen, me and Marquis Hyvarinen, so we have outnumbered the Swedes 4-3!

I might make it sound like Finnish and Swedish people hate each other, but when we all put the Scandinavia jersey on, we play for one team, team Scandinavia! 

scandinavia.jpg

Start to the S52 World Cup has not been too great when it comes down to purely getting wins, in four games we got zero wins, but there has been a lot of positives to take from each game, we are creating chances and play well, but for some reason we just cant find that one extra gear that could earn us points.

It can be mix of many things, young players playing together for the first time, young goalie, time of the tournament - many players are still tired after the season and just bad luck. I cant even count how many times we have hit the post in four games, at least five times. 

puck-hits-post.jpg?w=400&h=225

I´m confident that we can win games in this tournament, sooner we do so the better. Next we have games against USA and World. Both teams have started the tournament well, USA has three wins and World has two wins. 

Will be interesting to see how those two games go, the atmosphere inside the team is still positive and if we can get wins from both games, everything is still possible, if we lose, our situation does not look too promising. No matter what happens, this has been a learning experience for me as a player and something that will absolutely help me during next season!

Edited by jRuutu

• 4 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed:Scandinavian fever [1/2]