Opinion: Is Las Vegas good the VHLM?

BluObieZ

Opinion  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Two separate questions. Is Las Vegas good for the VHLM? Because before this season teams had more hope. But their first season looks to be the most dominating in league history. Not only because their roster but because no one else seems to be able to put together a roster that can compete against them. People seem up in arms about how Vegas was able to snag all these players and come out as the only legit contender. But those people seem to forget Ottawa last season only lost like 3 or 4 times and tied only 3 or 4 times. They purely dominated. No one said a peep. Is it because that team is ran by Jardy and this one Robbie? Surely Vegas will shatter that record of last season but that brings me to my next question. Is Robbie good for the VHLM?

Edited by BobertZ

• Commissioner

I think Vegas does have a stranglehold over the VHLM more than Ottawa did last year purely because of having 2 fewer teams to compete against. Yes, Ottawa also had a VERY strong team but Yukon and Brampton were still quite competitive. Removing 2 teams from the equation + the normal cyclical nature of the VHLM has combined to make it so that Vegas has literally no one that can compete against them. It's going to be a year where the race is for 2nd place and that is unfortunate for the VHLM.

However, and this is why I voted this way for the second question, your antics are at least making things somewhat entertaining. Yes, on the ice it'll be a relatively boring season because everyone already knows how things are going to go but the whole storyline of a team moving to Vegas and then immediately snatching up every player is an entertaining one.

We should be focusing on why Las Vegas was allowed or how it was possible for them to build up so many assets. For me, the big reason is not Brampton FA's signing with them as without Rowe, Jokinen, and/or Syndergaard they are just as deadly. It is because they were still allowed 3 first round picks and 6 total in the first two rounds in a contracted 5-team VHLM.

I didn't vote in the poll because I feel like the answers are a little more complex.

I feel like the whole situation is dumb as fuck. We should never have a super team that dicks on every other team having the hope of even TRYING to compete. We saw this in Season 26 when Edgar had the first 16 picks in a draft and nobody really had much fun (until they randomly lost because that shit was hilarious). The league should be designed better so that this doesn't happen.

That being said, I feel like what Robbie has done is the best possible outcome given the shitty state of things. He's basically in a league where there are no other options, o he's taken as many players as he can and hyped the absolute fuck out of his team. It's probably going to be a super dope time in that lockerroom and on the boards playing for Vegas, and I feel like a different GM wouldn't have gotten these same results. The problem is that the league is going to suck for anyone on a different VHLM team, and that includes anyone who creates between now and playoffs. This isn't Robbie's fault, because if he didn't do what he did then probably nobody would have a good time.

So to answer the questions:

1. Is what Vegas did bad for the VHLM?

Technically yes, but I feel like this is more a product of the stupid way the league is handled rather than Robbie's fault. He's doing the best he can with a shit hand, but it's overall bad for the league.

2. Is Robbie Zimmers and his antics good for the VHLM?

Yeah totally. This team is going to have a sick time, rather than a mediocre time at best. Robbie is exactly what that league needs this season.

3. With all the blowback what should Robbie have done?

Exactly what he did. This mess wasn't his fault and once the cards fell the way they did he couldn't have done anything different. Moving the team from WhogivesafuckBern to Las Fucking Vegas and turning the entire team into a big party was the best possible scenario. It's just too bad that the best possible scenario is shit.

4 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

What assets did he even trade and how did he have so many to even acquire the first 16 picks?

Keep in mind this was a very different time.

He basically got the first half through trading assets in every other draft doable and the last half everyone just sold him that shit for cheap because they knew he was going to crush them.

And then he did in the regular season. And not the playoffs.

24 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I didn't vote in the poll because I feel like the answers are a little more complex.

I feel like the whole situation is dumb as fuck. We should never have a super team that dicks on every other team having the hope of even TRYING to compete. We saw this in Season 26 when Edgar had the first 16 picks in a draft and nobody really had much fun (until they randomly lost because that shit was hilarious). The league should be designed better so that this doesn't happen.

That being said, I feel like what Robbie has done is the best possible outcome given the shitty state of things. He's basically in a league where there are no other options, o he's taken as many players as he can and hyped the absolute fuck out of his team. It's probably going to be a super dope time in that lockerroom and on the boards playing for Vegas, and I feel like a different GM wouldn't have gotten these same results. The problem is that the league is going to suck for anyone on a different VHLM team, and that includes anyone who creates between now and playoffs. This isn't Robbie's fault, because if he didn't do what he did then probably nobody would have a good time.

So to answer the questions:

1. Is what Vegas did bad for the VHLM?

Technically yes, but I feel like this is more a product of the stupid way the league is handled rather than Robbie's fault. He's doing the best he can with a shit hand, but it's overall bad for the league.

2. Is Robbie Zimmers and his antics good for the VHLM?

Yeah totally. This team is going to have a sick time, rather than a mediocre time at best. Robbie is exactly what that league needs this season.

3. With all the blowback what should Robbie have done?

Exactly what he did. This mess wasn't his fault and once the cards fell the way they did he couldn't have done anything different. Moving the team from WhogivesafuckBern to Las Fucking Vegas and turning the entire team into a big party was the best possible scenario. It's just too bad that the best possible scenario is shit.

I 100% approve this message. I did what I feel only I can do. I had a team in a horrible place. If I was in Bern still this season I would attempt to hype it but lets be 100% honest here boys and girls. Me hyping Bern would have fallen on deaf ears, because it's Bern and no one gives a rats ass about Bern. I'm sure it's nice and all but it's nothing like Las Vegas. No one gave a rats ass about them last season. Not one one person I tried to come to Bern came. The second I move to Vegas I get people coming out of the wood work wanting to play for the team. Sure the shit ton of picks help, but I feel the city also sells the team. I am the perfect person to make this team thrive season after season. If you think I have hyped this team, you haven't seen shit yet. Every sim, every blowout every big thing that happens to the team I will make status' and posts about it. I will make people love to hate the team and love to love it. I will make people look forward to their time in the VHLM just to play on my Aces or play against them. This season even if you don't want to admit it will be a fun wild ride. Sure I will bend the VHLM over and properly rape the shit out of it. But the stories and fun status' that come with it will be endless and so much fun.

3 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

I 100% approve this message. I did what I feel only I can do. I had a team in a horrible place. If I was in Bern still this season I would attempt to hype it but lets be 100% honest here boys and girls. Me hyping Bern would have fallen on deaf ears, because it's Bern and no one gives a rats ass about Bern. I'm sure it's nice and all but it's nothing like Las Vegas. No one gave a rats ass about them last season. Not one one person I tried to come to Bern came. The second I move to Vegas I get people coming out of the wood work wanting to play for the team. Sure the shit ton of picks help, but I feel the city also sells the team. I am the perfect person to make this team thrive season after season. If you think I have hyped this team, you haven't seen shit yet. Every sim, every blowout every big thing that happens to the team I will make status' and posts about it. I will make people love to hate the team and love to love it. I will make people look forward to their time in the VHLM just to play on my Aces or play against them. This season even if you don't want to admit it will be a fun wild ride. Sure I will bend the VHLM over and properly rape the shit out of it. But the stories and fun status' that come with it will be endless and so much fun.

I approve of this message. His decision to move to Vegas combined with his unique personality and way of doing things means that if you let anyone else GM Vegas this season he would be a minnow compared to what Robbie has done, is doing, and will do. Looking forward to all the continued hype for every sim, every blowout and every big thing that happens.

Who's the jockstrap sponsor this season sir?

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

I approve of this message. His decision to move to Vegas combined with his unique personality and way of doing things means that if you let anyone else GM Vegas this season he would be a minnow compared to what Robbie has done, is doing, and will do. Looking forward to all the continued hype for every sim, every blowout and every big thing that happens.

Who's the jockstrap sponsor this season sir?

A gold mine in Yukon. Yep gold plated jockstraps

6 minutes ago, BobertZ said:

A gold mine in Yukon. Yep gold plated jockstraps

And Air Canada, the national airline of Canada, will be chartering all of Vegas' flights this season because Ottawa and Saskatoon can't fill up the plane.

Just now, punkhippie said:

And Air Canada, the national airline of Canada, will be chartering all of Vegas' flights this season because Ottawa and Saskatoon can't fill up the plane.

Yukon is in Canada also