Claimed: Quebec with a strong start [1/2]

jRuutu

9a95a9_d5116146f14d489e95b4622282adbf7c.

Happy Wednesday everybody, it´s your favorite journalist R. Andy here doing work again. This week I will be talking about VHL and hockey!

Season 54 has now officially started, every team has played six games so far. It´s of course early in the season and anything can happen, but some wise man or woman once said that losing games early in the season will cost you at the end, so having a hot start to the year can carry your team far and on the other side, if you lose a lot early, those lost games might be the difference between a playoff spot and early summer vacation.

One of the teams with a hot start is Quebec Meute. They have won five out of the six games and allowed only six goals so far during the season.  There is only one team in the whole VHL that has allowed less goals, New York Americans has allowed two goals in six games! Now, that is a crazy total when you think about how fast paced game hockey is. New York and Quebec are first and second in the North-American division at the moment, so when those two meet for the first time during regular season on day 23, I expect the game to be intense and full of drama. If there is one game you do not want to miss, it´s that one or if there is one game you should absolutely watch, it´s New York vs Quebec.

I decided to ask from Quebec Meute captain Fabio Jokinen what has been the secret to their good start.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAUuAAAAJDQ5MjdmMTVkLWIzYzgt

Hey Fabio, nice to see you! Tell us little bit about the start of the year?

FJ: Hey! Thanks for inviting me to another interview, this is like my third of the day, but yea, the start has been good, I got 0+7 in six games, which is pretty solid when you take into consideration that I play defense, but I must admit I´m bit worried about my lack of goals, I have been shooting them towards the net like I always do, but they just do not go in. Luckily other guys in the team have been firing them in really nicely, so me rolling on with 0 on the goal total has not hurt us too badly, yet at least.  

I meant more from whole teams perspective, tell us about that!

FJ: Oh yea of course, we have played really well.

Th-thanks. How about the future, what are you expecting to see in the next few games?

FJ: Nothing too fancy, I just hope I get to score goal or two and break this vicious cycle. I´m bit different than normal defenders, I want to score as many goals as possible during my career, I want to be known for my cannon of a shot, hard and accurate, but I also want to be solid defensively on top of that.

Okey, thanks for your time Fabio! 

FJ: No problem, hey is that your Prius parked outside? I accidentally hit it when I got in here. Here is my number, call me if it´s really bad, I gotta run! Byye!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Quebec with a strong start [1/2]