Claimed: Fill me in

jRuutu

kHFj6BZ.gif

The day is finally here! We get to enjoy the best hockey in the world, playoff hockey. It´s been a long ride to get here and there is still of course three games left in the regular season, but since Quebec has already managed to secure a spot in the playoffs, we can start turning our attention towards the game one. I´m not sure who we play against first and it does not really matter, we gotta be able to perform in the highest possible level during the playoffs if we want to play in the finals and even win the cup.

I think we got everything here in Quebec that you need to win the cup. Great goalies, skilled forwards and of course solid defense in general. We have let in third least goals with 102 goals against in 69 games, but also scored the second most with 243 goals. Cool little stats and something that builds confidence when heading into playoffs.

On a personal level the regular season so far has gone pretty well, I have managed to play steadily from game to game, not many games where I have played completely below my level. That has been something that was a problem for me in the past, had too many bad games during the season that did not at least help the team to win as many games as possible.

What comes down to statistics, I got 197 hits, 107 blocked shots and 162 penalty minutes so far in 69 games.  Those are pretty tasty numbers for a defender, perhaps that penalty minute total is bit too high, but sometimes I have a bad habit of pushing bit too far. More evidence of going too far is the fights, six so far! Won only one of them though, so need to improve that part in the future.

A-Funny-Cartoon-Illustration-of-Two-Pira

Overall I´m happy how the team has played and how I have managed to be part of that. Before I head off, I would be letting a lot of people down if I did not talk about perhaps the most important part of the playoffs, the playoff beards.  I started preparing my face pretty much right away when we secured the spot for playoffs. I have not shaved even once since and even if I say so myself, my beard is starting to look quite wild.  If and when we make the finals, I might look like Brent Burns lite.

brent-burns-2013-44.jpg

Not everybody can grow a beard though, so you fans need to be careful with your comments, words can hurt after all.  We the players don´t read what you guys write to anywhere usually, but other fans might and they could get upset. Nothing worse than having to read hateful comments when sitting on the toilet, so think before you write. In the end it´s not all about who has the longest and fullest beard, it´s about putting yourself out there and trying your best. That is all anyone can ask for really.

36 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Enjoy the first place bye and a charter to either New York or Toronto?

Hopefully Toronto, Canada has the nicest looking cities in VHL. Quebec, Toronto to name few.