Claimed: I want it that way

jRuutu

tumblr_m7t175NB2w1qdj4i3o1_r1_500.gif

New York Americans are down, I repeat, New York Americans are down! Final nail to their coffin came last night when we managed to beat them 5-2 in game five, Quebec goes to the finals with 4-1 wins.

The series was not so one sided as the win totals might suggest, two of the games ended 2-1, but then three of the Quebec wins came with 3 or more goal difference, so in the end Meute was the better team in this series. Tough to say why, but some have said our depth was just too much for the Americans, but also worth mentioning the fact that we started the series fresh, Americans played four games against the Legion before making it to the second round.

We do have pretty excellent depth in the roster at the moment,  ten players had four or more points in the five games against New York.  The leading scorers are Vincent Virtanen with 3+5 and Pavel Komarov with 0+7.  What is interesting about that is, Vincent plays on the second line and Komarov on the second pairing, so the depth in the roster is showing on the scoreboard as well. That is a good sign when thinking about the finals.  The final lock behind any good team is the goalie, Apollo Skye was great and stopped 93,9% of the shots and we also have second excellent goalie in Threencarnacion, so that area is pretty much covered. Dominating goalie duo gives us the foundation to win every game. As a defender, it helps a lot when I know for a fact that the guy behind me is going to stop everything he can see, so all I have to do is clear the crease and take the sticks away.

tenor.gif

The team who plays against us in the finals is either Helsinki or Stockholm. Helsinki is one step closer, since they are leading the series 3-2, but anything is of course possible and Stockholm has a strong team, but they absolutely have to win the game six to force the series to always so great game seven.

If I would have the option to choose or hope who makes it to the finals, I would pick Helsinki. I´m a Finnish player, so goes without saying it would be amazing to play VHL finals in Helsinki in front of my family and friends. Even more special would be to win in Helsinki, so I´m secretly hoping Helsinki manages to beat Stockholm.

I don´t have anything against Stockholm though. Whoever comes against our brave and gentle team, will have to perform on high level right from the start if they want to win us. Same goes to us of course, need to be ready right away from the start, cant afford to have any off games. I´m confident that our roster can handle both Helsinki and Stockholm. Not saying it will be easy to beat those teams, if anything, I think the series will more than likely go all the way to game seven and then there anything is possible.

Edited by jRuutu