Claimed: Daring Do Apologizes to Fans, Teammates

Eggy216

Daring Do Apologizes to Fans, Teammates

latest?cb=20131209120015

At the conclusion of her first season in the VHLM, Daring Do held a press conference today to apologize to both her fans and her teammates for what she called a "lack of effort" in her rookie season. "I didn't show up as much as I should have," she told reporters gathered in Saksatoon today. "I did what I could here and there, but I certainly didn't contribute as much as my coaches expected me to coming into the season, and for that I apologize. I'd like to say I gave this season my all, but that wouldn't be even close to accurate. I did just what I needed to in order to get by, and in the end that wasn't enough. Maybe if I'd put a little more effort in throughout the season I could have helped Saskatoon get over Las Vegas in the finals this season, but in the end we came up short. My lack of effort in hitting the gym throughout the season just isn't acceptable. Yeah, I showed up here and there and went for a jog with a few of my teammates whenever I felt like it, but that's not going to cut it if I want to be a professional hockey player. So this is my commitment to the media, to the fans, and to my teammates - that changes now. I'm not going to hold back any longer. From this day forward I'm going to be giving my career 110% as I look to really take things up a notch. I'm not going to be the same Daring Do you've seen ever since I joined the VHLM. No way. I'm ramping up my game, and you're going to be surprised as the new me."

Daring Do started her career strong as she really showed she was serious about her commitment to hockey, but her effort fell off as the season went on as she clearly started to just cash it in. While her play on the ice was appropriate for what had been expected of her coming into the season, her effort outside of games was not quite up to snuff. While it remains to be seen whether or not this supposed "new approach" to her career is going to pan out the way she says it is, one thing's for certain - having her come out and speak to the media for the first time in a month could be a sign of good things to come. At any rate, it signals a potential move away from her recent lack of effort and back to the Daring Do of old. And it's certain that any effort on her part would be appreciated - especially as she looks towards being drafted in both the VHLM and the VHL proper.

16 minutes ago, punkhippie said:

Good to hear that you plan on being much more active! And happy to see you hopped onto the Team World bandwagon? :P 

Oh, did I? I checked when the rosters were first posted and haven't checked again since lol.

Yeahh I always planned on being more active with this player than the last two, but SHL has taken up way more time than I planned on. So I made sure to keep getting that 2 TPE to stay afloat until I could actually write articles again.

Just now, Eggy216 said:

Oh, did I? I checked when the rosters were first posted and haven't checked again since lol.

Yeahh I always planned on being more active with this player than the last two, but SHL has taken up way more time than I planned on. So I made sure to keep getting that 2 TPE to stay afloat until I could actually write articles again.

Saw you just post all three of your VHLM practice facility posts in Team World games :P

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Saw you just post all three of your VHLM practice facility posts in Team World games :P

I clicked on all of @Green's posts and commented on those games :P