Astrid Moons sees huge improvement

scoop

From S53 to S54, Helsinki Titans goalie Astrid Moon almost made a complete 180. In his rookie year, he had a horrid 0.899 save percentage, but he followed that up with a much better 0.929 this past season. His improved play was not just in the regular season, however, as he also put on a show in the post-season.

One of the biggest stories of the S53 playoffs was Moon's abysmal performance. While the Titans did make it out of the first round, it took them seven games against the Cologne Express, a team that had no business pushing them to the brink. This was in large part due to Moon's inability to stop the puck. Ultimately, Moon had a save percentage of 0.865, as he struggled in the semi-finals against Stockholm as well. Being pulled in four of his starts, Moon was mocked during the off-season for his dreadful play. Just a season later, in the playoffs, Moon helped carry the fourth place Titans to a Continental Cup. He had a 0.939 save percentage, a drastic increase from the previous season.

One thing that I find interesting in particular about Moon's regular season improvement is that, while he did see a 30 point increase in save percentage, he finished with just a marginally better record. I would assume this is because he put up better stats against the bottom tier teams that he was winning higher scoring games against the previous season, but I don't care to research those splits.

for Maxwell

3 hours ago, Strtlght said:

From S53 to S54, Helsinki Titans goalie Astrid Moon almost made a complete 180. In his rookie year, he had a horrid 0.899 save percentage, but he followed that up with a much better 0.929 this past season. His improved play was not just in the regular season, however, as he also put on a show in the post-season.

One of the biggest stories of the S53 playoffs was Moon's abysmal performance. While the Titans did make it out of the first round, it took them seven games against the Cologne Express, a team that had no business pushing them to the brink. This was in large part due to Moon's inability to stop the puck. Ultimately, Moon had a save percentage of 0.865, as he struggled in the semi-finals against Stockholm as well. Being pulled in four of his starts, Moon was mocked during the off-season for his dreadful play. Just a season later, in the playoffs, Moon helped carry the fourth place Titans to a Continental Cup. He had a 0.939 save percentage, a drastic increase from the previous season.

One thing that I find interesting in particular about Moon's regular season improvement is that, while he did see a 30 point increase in save percentage, he finished with just a marginally better record. I would assume this is because he put up better stats against the bottom tier teams that he was winning higher scoring games against the previous season, but I don't care to research those splits.

for Maxwell

We got jipped on total goals that season so he needed to play better.