VHFL Quarter One Report

scoop

We're approximately 1/4 of the way through the season, so here I am, your leader in VHFL coverage, to tell you all about what's going on. I know some drafts might not be finished quite yet, so if you haven't been paying attention to which players are leading in fantasy scoring, maybe this can help you 'cheat' your draft a bit.

Roman Sokolov is the fantasy darling this season. With 98 fantasy points, he is well above the next highest skater. This doesn't come as a shock to me, as I had my money on Aleksei Federov or Sokolov to be 'that guy' this season (though tbh, I was leaning toward Federov, so I was a bit wrong). Federov is still doing fine in his own right, ranking fourth among skaters with 61.2 FP. Between the two of them are Tomas Syndergaard (67) and Felix Savard (62.8). That's four defenseman leading the skaters in fantasy points, which doesn't really surprise me. In fact, as far as defensemen go, it's wise to look more toward the players on bottom half teams. Bobby Digital, the highest ranking fantasy defenseman on one of the better teams, is just the 8th highest defenseman. Fabio Jokinen is 12th. These are two of the best defensemen in the league, but as far as fantasy goes, there are a number of seemingly better options.

As for goalies, you should probably expect that Astrid Moon is the top dog, assuming you're aware of his league-leading nine shutouts. Not a whole lot else to say about goalies, honestly. It's pretty straightforward what goes on there.

As for forwards, there are some names you'd expect to be near the top who are (Franchise Cornerstone, Unassisted, and Diana Maxwell are all top four) and some players who you may be surprised by (Bo Boeser is the second best fantasy forward thus far, which is the number one surprise to me). Kendrick Cole rounds out the top five forwards, which isn't terribly surprising, but I wouldn't have bet on him.

for mist4ke

Edited by Strtlght