Verner Signs Career Extension With Toronto

Devise

It's official, Verner Reinholdt will be with the Toronto Legion the rest of his career. That is unless he is traded. The "old man" turned young who has found his vigour and youth for the game of hockey signed 5 season contract extension complete with a no trade clause. While Reinholdt and his agent hope to spend all of those seasons in Toronto, he recognizes that in the VHL anything can happen. Especially trades, as we are seeing now in the off-season as trades blow up. Reinholdt was asked about his extension and had the following to say. 

Happy to have it behind me. I don't like free agency, at all. And honestly I love it here. I had a very strong rookie season, I know i'm on the ballot for rookie of the year which I think is a little ironic considering my age. But it's about first seasons here, I'm not the only older guy to have his try at the eight season VHL gauntlet. But I've already played my first season here and now I'll have 6 more upcoming with the team if I had it my way. I want to see my name somewhere in this place you know, really make this the stamp and a reason to remember my  hockey career. The best way to do that is loyalty, and like I said I really enjoy the team here. So now let's work my way onto some all time team records here if I can,  a lot of legendary names on this team I'd love to be able to throw my name next to for my family and honor. Typical things like that. I came back to the game to make these types of impacts, and I think my extension with this club represents the best chance to do all that.