Fujimoto renounces Swiss Citizenship

BOOM

News out of Switzerland this morning, that Davos Dynamo winger Takashi Fujimoto has formally renounced his Swiss citizenship that was granted by the government when he signed his rookie contract last season. Fujimoto was all set to extend his stay with the Dynamo as part of an agreement with GM Conner Low after being drafted, however, with the sudden and mysterious disappearance of the Davos GM, Fujimoto is publicly declaring his intent to enter the Free Agent market once his rookie deal expires at the end of season 57.

"I had every intention of playing for the Dynamo for as long as Mr Low required my services, but with his refusal to attend the Davos facilities and not return anyones calls or texts, I have decided to end my time with Davos at the earliest opportunity. It is disappointing, but I had an agreement with him and if he no longer see's fit to contribute to the team's success, then neither do I".

It remains to be seen if either Low returns or a new GM is appointed, but Fujimoto will need some real convincing if he is ever to wear the Dynamo uniform again. Whether there is any real interest in the services of an under performing forward is unclear but it is expected that there should be at least minor interest via free agency when that time comes.