Interview with upcoming draft pick, Colton Rayne

Spade18

We recently sat down for a quick interview with Las Vegas Aces defenseman, Colton Rayne to discuss his play this year and his status in the upcoming VHL draft.

Image result for nhl player interview

Reporter: Colton, Thank you for taking time to sit down with us.

Colton: My pleasure, thanks for having me.

Reporter: Last time we spoke with you was just into the Junior World Tournament this year.  You were, well, relatively unknown at that time.  You've started to make a name for yourself since then.  How do you think your game has come along since then?

Colton: You're not wrong, I was a fresh face in the league, and even I didn't know how I was going to turn out.  My defensive game has gotten much better since I entered the league and thanks to some of my more offensively gifted teammates, my passing has gotten much better and I'm burying the puck more than I ever have.  I'm not used to putting up these kind of point totals, but with guys like Komy, Birky and Jonsey, I'm having a career year.

Reporter: And it hasn't gone unnoticed.  In a recent mock draft you were slated to go as the first pick in the second round!  That's quite a jump from your humble 4th round selection in the VHLM.  Have you been contacted by any VHL teams yet?

Colton: Yea, I was absolutely flattered when I saw where I was projected to go in the second round.  I guess hard work does pay off in the end!  I have been reached out to by one team from the North American Conference so far, I don't want to drop any names in case of tampering rules, but yea, professional hockey is becoming a more real thing every passing day.

Reporter: Thanks for the time Colton.  Finally, where do you see the Las Vegas Aces finishing up this season?

Colton: Cup or bust baby.  We're going all the way.