McAllister Shows Up for Trivia, Bar Closed

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for bar trivia

McAllister's the guy on the left.

Seattle -- Gabriel McAllister is a man of routine. He wakes up in the morning, he has two eggs, fried over easy, with three slices of wheat toast. He goes to practice for approximately three hours, rests in the ice tub and jokes around with his teammates, then has a 30 minute nap before preparing for that night’s game. This routine, McAllister said, is what keeps him sharp and playing to his full potential.

Once a week on an off night, though, he lets loose with one bit of unorganized fun: trivia at the local pub. Often, this trivia is VHL-related, which of course he dominates. But surrounded by friends and in a boisterous environment, he doesn’t have to be so damn uptight all the time.

Of course, that was his routine from college through this season. Recently, though, something odd’s been happening – the bar for trivia has been closed. Not always, of course, but intermittently – enough to be an annoyance when McAllister has to change his plans last minute.

“I was banking on that trivia, man, I don’t want to have to do more work for my full 9 points,” McAllister told a room full of slightly confused journalists after a recent practice. “I just wanted to answer my questions and be in peace.”

Calls to the trivia host have gone unanswered, and some other trivia participants in the VHL community have also expressed confusion with the off-and-on schedule. McAllister said he hopes the regular trivia nights resume soon, but either way, he just wants to know what to plan on. He’s a guy of routine, after all.