Claimed: Jeff Excited to Join Dynamo [2/2]

Jeff Excited to Join Dynamo

931vu03.png

DAVOS, SWITZERLAND - It's been a whirlwind of a week for Jeff. Hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, he thought the trek to Ottawa to join the Lynx was an adventure. At the time, he never dreamed that his playing career would take him to the small European city of Davos. However, that is where the young winger finds himself currently, after being selected 5th overall by the Dynamo. Based on earlier conversations with general managers, Jeff had a feeling he would be going anywhere from 4th to 6th.

"Over the past couple of days, I've had a series of conversations with GMs from multiple teams. As I told all of them, I had no problem playing for any of them, but I wasn't willing to commit to an '8 year contract' like most of the previous players from this agency did. I'm wiling to work with a rebuilding team to move forward, but personally, I'd like to see progress made in order to commit to the team. I want to win, and after HC Davos showed their trust in me, I'd love for it to be with the Dynamo. And I think it will be, considering all of the draft picks we have in the next few years and the current prospects and roster players. But at the end of the day, I want to win."

This is a paradigm shift in the way players from this agency operates. Both Jim and Robin stayed with their drafted teams until they were traded, with Robin among the Reign's all-time leaderboards in points and assists before leaving the team. Bernie and Shayne were lesser players and moved around more often, but neither of them left the team and GM that they were drafted by in free agency. Jeff has the potential to be the former and not the latter, and so far, he's meeting expectations. Although his numbers in Ottawa were pedestrian, the skill is obvious for all to see. 

This will be an "interesting" season for Jeff and the Dynamo. As the roster currently stands, there is one forward (Jeff), three defensemen (fellow draftee Ko Kane and veterans Diego Jokinen and Guntis Petenis), and one goalie, Rhett Degrath. While more players may need to be added to the team in order to meet the VHL's salary floor, needless to say, the roster will be pretty bare. With that, someone's going to have to score on this team, and it may end up being Jeff. With that in mind, it's not out of the realm of possibility for him to end this season with a rookie of the year award. At the very least, he should be in contention, as there are many other strong candidates for the award as well, such as Cologne forward Chase Keller and Stockholm defenseman Boner.

urbEXsu.jpg

• 1 month later...

REVIEW:

On 2017.10.9. at 3:47 AM, Fire Hakstol said:

with Robin among the Reign's all-time leaderboards in points and assists before leaving the team.

I keep forgeting about adding someone into Riga HoF all the time. I won't be surprised I'll forget soon after I reviewed this lol.

Well, this is not the most successful start for Jeff so I guess you'll get your awards later when Davos competes. It takes some patience though, starting from S59 is the best scenario for Davos now. And good to see that you're ready to be loyal, Davos suffered a lot in last 10+ seasons so your player is an important piece here.

38 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

REVIEW:

I keep forgeting about adding someone into Riga HoF all the time. I won't be surprised I'll forget soon after I reviewed this lol.

Well, this is not the most successful start for Jeff so I guess you'll get your awards later when Davos competes. It takes some patience though, starting from S59 is the best scenario for Davos now. And good to see that you're ready to be loyal, Davos suffered a lot in last 10+ seasons so your player is an important piece here.

I actually plan on doing a media spot about this at some point :P 

• TheLastOlympian07 changed the title to Claimed: Jeff Excited to Join Dynamo [2/2]