2 Suggestions

Spade18

I posted in response because my reading retention is apparently zero.

Copied and pasted from said thread

My 2 cents are:

GM Awarded Points: Giving the GM's some ability to reward their team with points.  I know a lot of people hark that this will be abused, but I think it has the potential to help create team bonding as it gives players incentive to be active to be noticed by their GM, while also creating a check against the GM's as it will be decently obvious if the GM is abusing the power, they can be warned or removed, and gives us a red flag for if they are someone we would need to keep an eye on in the future.

Short Term Tasks: I dont have a good name for this yet, but this is the idea I've been pitching for a bit about threads like "share your favorite piece of hockey paraphernalia" or "whats the craziest thing you've seen at a hockey game" which players can earn TPE by sharing a story about their life.  It does not have to be worth as much as a MS, but should be more than a VHL.com article.  I can tell you personally, I'm crazy at work right now doing 12-14 hour days 7 days a week for at least the next month, and I haven't had the time to sit down and do a proper MS.  So something like this that will keep some sort of TPE flowing would be great for someone like me.  I feel as though to earn TPE on this site with out having a job, your only options are MS, Something to do with Photo Shop, or Podcasting.  Now, I haven't ever podcasted and would really know where to start to fill 20 minutes of speaking time, and have no skill what so ever in the realm of photo shop.  I know there are others who are not strong writers, so those word limits might be daunting for them. Some kind of mid point like this, I think, would be beneficial to keeping players active, and rewarding them for their activity.