Bears GM EoS Presser [1/2]

Banackock

It all started off good for the Seattle Bears for the S57 regular season but as the games wore on, so did their record. With a hot start coming to an end, mediocrity filled the locker room and statistic sheets game after game and they eventually found themselves fighting for a playoff spot and at one point hanging on for dear life. Throughout the season, Seattle found themselves sitting on top off the conference, in the middle of the pack and eventually on the outside looking in. With the season coming to an end, the organization they were fighting against, the Calgary Wranglers, for the final spot was looking grim. Comparing the finale in terms of schedules and opponents each of the teams faced, Calgary and the easier schedule by far and were the heavy favourites going into the final stretch. As the season came to an end, it seems as though those odds were write and that when Campbell wrote up his none biased magazine article looking at the playoff race, he was right to be unbiased and prove facts and truths. Now though, he sits at home watching playoff hockey once again - knowing that he failed his guys, knowing that they're all disappointed with the season and knowing that his time is dwindling on finding that one cup victory. 

The season was amazing, and then it was not. It was bitter sweet, you know? I can safely say that I felt the pressure behind the bench a fair amount this season. To be honest, it was comparable to our couple playoff runs a few seasons ago where we lost out to the Americans both years. I felt the pressure, the stress and all the shit that comes along with it. But, I felt the fun too. The excitement and importance of all the victories. Once again, I felt passion for the role. The fact that we came up short is disappointing, sure - but when you look at our roster, you see some good things. You see things that weren't there a few seasons ago when we drafted McAllister and really started to have a franchise again. I think we're in the direction we want to be heading for my one last final push.

When he was quoted as saying his "one last final push", we couldn't help but catch onto it and of course ask what he meant. For a guy who has done much in this league, 5 years behind Bratislava's bench and 8 behind Seattle's, it would be a shame for him to leave without a cup. It's been  rollercoaster of a ride for the GM, ups and downs - rebuilds and competes, only to find himself on the outside looking in every single time. With time seemingly running low in his career hour glass with the Bears, what's on his mind?

It's apart of the job, you know? People to look at your roster, your moves and your career success and then pick it apart. Criticize you, praise you or whatever they want. I've got my praise for hardworking. I've seen and acknowledged it for my passion and willingness to adapt and accommodate my players. Flip side, I've been criticized for the lack of strong success. We've had strong teams,  but we've have extremely limited success. I'm afraid to retire - I'll be that GM who always tried, always worked hard and COULD build a team - but never had a cup. Never went all the way. Never had any true playoff success. 

I love Seattle. I still find passion in the role I do everyday - but it's limited. It's dwindling. A tap slowly going, but draining just a little faster. That's how you know it's almost your time I feel. I still have a few seasons left in me. I want that cup. 

For Mattias Forsberg - +6

• 4 weeks later...

REVIEW:

Better goalie = better chances, something that Seattle lacked of last season. This season might be the perfect try for the ''last shot'', although it may continue following this season as well. Good luck in this season, would be interesting to see Riga vs Seattle final tbh. 

@Banackock