Changing something

jRuutu

Now that the last year in my career is soon starting, I have been thinking not just about the future and what I will be doing after I stop playing hockey professionally, but I have also been thinking about the past. Quite easy to look back and say:  should have done this and that, but in my opinion it´s important to still look back and see if there is something that you can change about yourself and maybe even be a better person in the future?

For me the biggest thing I´m planning on changing is deleting all of the social media accounts I have, instagram, facebook etc - everything is going out. Why? It´s simply taking way too much of my time during the day when I take pictures of my face and mustache, edit the pictures and then post them around the interweb. Then on top of that, I go back multiple times during the day to see what people have commented on the pictures, quite often I end up getting into internet fights with random people who say mustache and or my face looks ugly, basically brings the worst out of me.

What I´m planning on doing with the extra time I save? Not sure yet, maybe go to sleep earlier and read a book while I´m sitting on the toilet. Either way, both are ten times better options than social media.

Smart man! The only thing I'm on is Diaspora which is rare and YouTube. I know people who pretty much for go their personal life for all that shit. Even I spend too much time on YouTube at times but I know when to stop.

You'll find lots of things to do for sure.

Social media/TV turn you into a zombie,when you just sit there and stare at a screen. You accomplish shit sitting in front of it.

28 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Smart man! The only thing I'm on is Diaspora which is rare and YouTube. I know people who pretty much for go their personal life for all that shit. Even I spend too much time on YouTube at times but I know when to stop.

You'll find lots of things to do for sure.

Social media/TV turn you into a zombie,when you just sit there and stare at a screen. You accomplish shit sitting in front of it.

Exactly!

I´m not really into the social media thing personally, got one fake facebook account that I log into maybe twice per year :P Youtube is big for me as well, listen to basically all of my music in there and watch videos of course.

Rarely watch TV these days, quality is down the toilet - nothing but reality tv show after another, reruns of the same shows for 38th time and then the commercials - brutal.

Back around 99-2000 I had my case of beer and pizza and I was all set to watch hockey night in Canada. I recall making it to the end of the first period and that was it. There were so many commercials during the 1st period that I was snapping. The kicker was five commercial breaks, and they all were the same Budweiser commercial in a row.

And then sometime later that week I spent 20 min looking for the damn remote to turn on the TV, and then the light went on....I went and pushed the power button on the TV!

I recall laughing and saying wtf, stared at the TV for a few seconds and said fuck it. I realised the idiot box was controlling me and from that moment on I've basically shunned TV. Its all shit.

6 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Back around 99-2000 I had my case of beer and pizza and I was all set to watch hockey night in Canada. I recall making it to the end of the first period and that was it. There were so many commercials during the 1st period that I was snapping. The kicker was five commercial breaks, and they all were the same Budweiser commercial in a row.

And then sometime later that week I spent 20 min looking for the damn remote to turn on the TV, and then the light went on....I went and pushed the power button on the TV!

I recall laughing and saying wtf, stared at the TV for a few seconds and said fuck it. I realised the idiot box was controlling me and from that moment on I've basically shunned TV. Its all shit.

:D

Commercials ruin everything, they even have them in tv movies here in Finland! Can you believe that? Not ruining the experience at all when every 15 minutes you watch commercials for few minutes.

Same of course in tv shows, the shows that last maybe 22-23 minutes per episode, but the actual time slot is for 30 minutes = a lot of commercials and around 3 or 4 actual breaks, in bit over 20 minute episode?! 

Edited by jRuutu