Another Day, Another Medal (WC Final Spoilers)

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for team usa gold medal hockey

Seattle (AP) -- Last October, we wrote on a recent trend: Players coming out of the CowboyinAmerica agency seemed to never be able to lose at World Cups. Since Season 37, CIA agency players had won medals in eight straight World Cups, and nine of ten overall, entering this season's World Cup. Seattle's Gabriel McAllister was hoping to continue that streak with this year's USA squad.

Early on in the competition, however, it seemed like this might be the year the streak broke. Team USA finished in fourth in the round robin portion of the competition, after all, and faced three rounds of tough battles to get to the finals. But with some strong play in net by the retiring Apollo Skye, an OT winner in the semifinals from McAllister himself, and some help from Western Europe upsetting the other half of the bracket, Team USA was able to overcome the odds and take home the gold. It was McAllister's first gold in World Cup action, as well as the CIA agency's first gold since Season 46.

"I'm not going to lie, this feels awesome," McAllister told reporters in the champagne-soaked locker room following the final game. "I can't say I was expecting it this year, but damn, I'll take it! But really though, none of this would matter without our bold general manager who put this team together, who took a chance on me... if only I could remember his name. Ah, fuck it," he exclaimed before downing the rest of his champagne bottle.

Here's an updated tally of how the CIA agency has done in past World Cups:

Karsten Olsen - Team Scandinavia

S32 - :gold:

S34 - Fourth

S37 - :bronze:

S40 - :silver:

Hans Wingate - Team Western Europe

S43 - :gold:

S46 - :gold:

S48 - :silver:

S50 - :silver:

Gabriel McAllister - Team USA

S54 - :bronze:

S56 - :bronze:

S58 - :gold:

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

40 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Image result for team usa gold medal hockey

Seattle (AP) -- Last October, we wrote on a recent trend: Players coming out of the CowboyinAmerica agency seemed to never be able to lose at World Cups. Since Season 37, CIA agency players had won medals in eight straight World Cups, and nine of ten overall, entering this season's World Cup. Seattle's Gabriel McAllister was hoping to continue that streak with this year's USA squad.

Early on in the competition, however, it seemed like this might be the year the streak broke. Team USA finished in fourth in the round robin portion of the competition, after all, and faced three rounds of tough battles to get to the finals. But with some strong play in net by the retiring Apollo Skye, an OT winner in the semifinals from McAllister himself, and some help from Western Europe upsetting the other half of the bracket, Team USA was able to overcome the odds and take home the gold. It was McAllister's first gold in World Cup action, as well as the CIA agency's first gold since Season 46.

"I'm not going to lie, this feels awesome," McAllister told reporters in the champagne-soaked locker room following the final game. "I can't say I was expecting it this year, but damn, I'll take it!"

Here's an updated tally of how the CIA agency has done in past World Cups:

Karsten Olsen - Team Scandinavia

S32 - :gold:

S34 - Fourth

S37 - :bronze:

S40 - :silver:

Hans Wingate - Team Western Europe

S43 - :gold:

S46 - :gold:

S48 - :silver:

S50 - :silver:

Gabriel McAllister - Team USA

S54 - :bronze:

S56 - :bronze:

S58 - :gold:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE THANKS TO ME FOR PUTTING THIS RAG TAG GROUP OF OVERACHIEVERS TOGETHER?