Not the worst

scoop

My expectations were very low when I joined the Ottawa Lynx this season, not wanting to simply join the Rush and coast to a Founder's Cup on the efforts of other players. I think Ottawa was in last place at the time of my signing, and ultimately passed Saskatoon in the regular season standings. This had little to do with my joining the team, but was more so the result of two trades Saskatoon had made about a week before the trade deadline. They had traded away some of their better players, leaving them with a roster much worse than even ours. I didn't realize this until just now, so I was quite surprised when I saw the shot totals for our playoff games against them. In total, we outshot them 121 to 32, while outscoring them 9 to 5 over the course of the two-game sweep.

I'm sure we're going to get smoked in the next round, as we advance to face Yukon in a match that could end up being even more lopsided. It won't be a disappointment at all, even knowing that I could have been on that team. It wouldn't have meant anything to win on that team. I am glad for them, though, as Yukon is and will always be my favorite VHLM team.