Ottawa Lynx press conference

1. There have recently been discussions about teams being unfair with some having 4 players while others have 10+, can you think of any solutions to help this?

Possibly by having a mid season re draft, having a minimum player cap per team, reducing the number of teams

2. Would you rather go to an amusment park or a water park?

Depends on the time of the year

3. Whats going to happen with your player next season?

Not sure at the moment. All depends on what happens

4. Do you think Ottawa is going to make any trades before the trade deadline?

If we were in playoff contention I'd say yes, but we aren't and won't be so there's no point

5. If a new league was to be added to the VHL, what do you think it would be called and where would it be?

Don't need it, unless they want more Bot players playing, there's not enough members for the leagues that they have now

6. How does your player celebrate a goal?

Just with a smile

1. There have recently been discussions about teams being unfair with some having 4 players while others have 10+, can you think of any solutions to help this?

I honestly don't have a solution for this, but yeah to have a little bit of more parity, it's not normal that it's so different between teams.

2. Would you rather go to an amusement park or a water park?

Depend on the temperature hahaha! Love both, but in the summer I would go in a water park.

3. Whats going to happen with your player next season?

Will play his VHLE season, that's the goal and I mostly certain that it's what will happen.

4. Do you think Ottawa is going to make any trades before the trade deadline?

Hope so! Prepare the future and sell us.

5. If a new league was to be added to the VHL, what do you think it would be called and where would it be?

A new league? Damn not enough already haha! I think all the "hockey places" are already there so I wouldn't go to place like Africa or Asia...

6. How does your player celebrate a goal?

Love the Radulov move with rolling the stick and putting it back like a sword.

1. How do you react to the new trades?

2. Is anyone even going to be answering my questions anymore?

3. Which team do you think is going to finish the season with the best record? Will they win the cup?

4. Who are you going to miss the most on the team?

5. If the VHL were to introduce a new way to earn TPE, what do you think they would add?

6. Whats the most unique or cool equipment your player wears?

1. I reacted very positively being the AGM of the team  who received two amazing players, I think Saskatoon really has a shot with the playerbase this year.

2. Yes, me!!!!

3. My bias says Saskatoon cause they are awesome, however my brain tells me it will be the Halifax 21, they are very strong this year.

4. I didn't really know anyone however I think I will miss my lovely friend Luke033

5. I think they should add something like welfare that you can only get once every few weeks, or something that comes based on how your players play, to increase the speed you gain TPE as your player gets better.

6. My socks, I wear 1 Ted Lasso sock and 1 Ducks sock to represent the two things that brought me into hockey, it gives me good luck.

1. How does it feel having questions directly asked to you instead of the team in general?

2. How did you come up with your player name?

3. How did you come up with your username?

4. Why did you choose the country your player is from?

5. Did you care at all about age, height and weight when you created your player?

6. Do you have any ideas on your next players name? 

1. It feels a lot more like an actual press conference rather than a questionnaire, its kind of awesome!

2. I searched up a name generator and generated the longest name I could!

3. the lowest score I have ever managed to get on an IQ test is 10, so TenIQ was born.

4. The players name is native to BK so it only felt fitting.

5. I tried to make them proportional to an actual 25 year old but that was the only thing I really cared about.

6. I'm not sure yet, I would like to continue the Oluwaseun family line so we will see how it works out.

1. I like questions more specifically about me because I can answer them more easily but I also like getting everyone's outlook on something.

2. Brandon Tanev + Nic Petan = Brandon Petan Jr

3. It's really just my name it wasn't taken here when I joined.

4. Because it would make sense for a combo of the 2 nhlers I listed above to be from Canada!

5. Yes I averaged the height/weight of Petan and Tanev and I just made my player 18 because that's the age you generally enter a league.

6. Frontrunner is Alina Baumann right now but I just recreated so that could change of course over the next almost 2 years.

1. I've never been asked something as a team, although I can imagine this is far more personal. So for me preferable. 

2. I like Arber Xhekaj and toes 

3.  Again I like Arber Xhekaj, but this one is because I was told "don't make a swear your name" - sadie

4.  I don't remember which country I chose tbh, but I remember it being because it sounded cool. 

5. Yes and no I didn't care about weight or height so I made it mine. But for Age I really wanted to put 1007 years old but I wasnt allowed to 

6. Xhekajs pinkytoe

Edited by Xhekajsleftankle

1. It feels more like an actual presser, which is kinda cool. I've wondered how I would answer questions sometimes and this is a way to find out!

2. Slava actually started out as a Dungeons and Dragons character in my head. I wanted to specifically do something based around Ukraine since the face claim I was using for him was Colton Parayko, who's of Canadian-Ukrainian descent so I looked at Ukrainian names, really liked Stanislav and the corresponding nickname, Slava, and as I was going more D&D, he was just Stanislav Gregorovitch, or Stanislav, son of Gregor. Then when I decided to do a hockey oc based on that idea, I looked at Ukrainian last names and picked Kovalenko because I liked how it sounded and that's how Slava became Slava.

3. My username is based on an achievement from the game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which is my FAVORITE game of all time. There's 17 artifacts you have to collect for each of the Daedric princes and it took me a long time to get that achievement but I finally did it in December of last year so when I needed a username for here? I decided to go with Oblivion Walker.

4. I choose Canada because that's where Slava's player render, Colton Parayko, is from and it made things easy.

5. Again since I was basing Slava pretty heavily on Colton, I did try to keep his porportions about the same, especially height and weight.

6. I have some other hockey ocs I've written with friends and I think my Russian, Arkady Tamarkin will be next.

ANSWER 3 QUESTIONS FOR 1 TPE, 6 QUESTIONS FOR 2

1. Ottawa is so back BABY!!!! Howmany points are we going to finish the season with?

2. Do you think we'll make it to the playoffs? How far do you think we can go?

3. What made you choose Ottawa? Why did you want to play here?

4. Do you think we'll get any more players before the end of the season?

5. What can I do as your AGM to make your experience better? I've been slacking a bit recently.

6. Can the Lynx pull an upset in the first round of the playoffs?

1. Would love to see us get close to 250 points, I believe it's possible if we keep pushing our players harder and harder.

2. I do, while we are not at the level of Sakatoon or Mexico City ATM, we are better than a 3-4 teams, and I believe if we make it, we could go decently far if we get better placement in the bracket.

3. As a goalie who was not in the draft, and the only goalie as a Free Agent at the start of the season, I had contracts from close to everyone. My original option was Miami, cause I had already played on that team in S93, however at the time, Miami was showing 2 goalies on their bracket, and I was looking for a team that would allow me to start at most if not all games, that way I could get a consistent view of how my player is playing and improving. Ottowa could provide that, and I haven't looked back since.

4. I think it's a possibility however also very difficult, cause now to new players our team looks like every other, having a stable bracket, ect. No promise of starting every game, but I do believe we could get 1-2 more Dmen or a few forwards.

5. You have not been slacking, running a team that went as low as this team went, to then turn around and bring it to be a strong midfield contender is incredibly impressive. On top of that you are doing great things to keep players morale high, including making graphics, doing pressers when only I would be responding, ect.

6. I can see it happening, we have a strong offence that has been scoring sure, low shot games, but making a lot of their shots. Which depending on the goalkeeper, can be better than having a high shot game but lower scoring. Our team deffo has a chance to push hard and get farish in the bracket.

1. Hard to say, I'd like to be optimistic and see us finish with 150.

2. I believe we can make it, and I think we can get to the second round. But as with anything, it's all what happens on that particular day.

3. The one word answer? River. But really, I felt like I could come to Ottawa, play with my friend and also gain some valuable experience. I've had a chance to get some real playing time here and I feel like I'm growing my game because of that.

4. Never say never, eh? We'll just have to wait and see what goes down between now and then.

5. I don't feel like you've been slacking at all! Give yourself a little more credit.

6. We can definitely do it and we're going to give it our all to make sure that it happens.

1. I sure hope we'll muster up that extra 2 against Halifax and finish with 38 but that's some long odds.

2. I think our chances aren't good but never say never when it comes to hockey- philly has struggled lately.

3. It was Ottawa or Vegas for me, and I think everyone knows why Vegas is a less than ideal destination this season. Ottawa is also the team that drafted me in the S85 VHLM Draft with my first player so I already have an attachment with the team.

4. It's unlikely that we will I think.

5. I don't think it's been as much you slacking as you and Grape having to run a team of inactives until the TDL- you're doing fine.

6. If we can get there, anything is possible.

1. Sadly we didnt make it to the playoffs, whats next for your player?

2. How do you think Ottawa does next season? We've got some good picks and pieces.

3. Howmany points do you think you'll get next season? Or what will your save% be?

4. Should we rebrand to the Ottawa Stinx?

5. Where is your player from? Why did you choose that country?

6. Whats the best color combination of any team in the VHL?

1. Sadly we didnt make it to the playoffs, whats next for your player?
Stay on the Lynx and absolutely crush the next season! Ottowa may not have had great luck with the current season, but we are coming back harder than ever baby! Woooo!

2. How do you think Ottawa does next season? We've got some good picks and pieces.
I think we have a shot at being in the top 4. A lot of teams are loosing a lot of players next season.

3. Howmany points do you think you'll get next season? Or what will your save% be?

I am hopeful my sv% goes up to around 9.2-9.3 and I am hoping for 1 point!

4. Should we rebrand to the Ottawa Stinx?

Noooo! We are the Lynx baby! Nothing can stop us!

5. Where is your player from? Why did you choose that country?

Central Africa, specifically burkina faso I chose the country cause I have friends and family from there, as well as my player name is native to that country

6. Whats the best color combination of any team in the VHL?
The LA Stars all the way!

1. Next will be the Dispersal Draft- hopefully I can come back here but if not it’ll be fun returning during the season for games.

2. Ottawa should of course be an almost entirely different team, and definitely one that makes the playoffs I think.

3. My goal for points would be 86- I want to surpass the VHLM season of my last player!

4. If you miss playoffs next year, then absolutely.

5. I chose Canada because he’s named after players born in Canada.

6. Davos, Prague, Moscow in order

1. How do I keep coming up with questions? I've been running out of questions for months.

2. Have you been keeping up with the playoffs? Personally I have no idea what teams are left.

3. Did you hear about the news that moderator Tfong (Baozi) faced an assassination attempt but the bullet only grazed his ear?

4. Are you excited for the Junior Showcase tournament, which all of you should be in this season?

5. Would you rather win 1 contienental cup or 4 world cups?

6. Which country would win if it was VHL members playing for their real life country in a league wide world cup?

1. How do I keep coming up with questions? I've been running out of questions for months.
Hey? What can I say, us AGMs are just really creative!

2. Have you been keeping up with the playoffs? Personally I have no idea what teams are left.

The team I AGM for is currently in the finals! Winning 3-2! Fingers crossed!

3. Did you hear about the news that moderator Tfong (Baozi) faced an assassination attempt but the bullet only grazed his ear?

I did, its a good thing that the commish's covered him so fast! Could have resulting in a death! A scary day for the VHL!

4. Are you excited for the Junior Showcase tournament, which all of you should be in this season?

No, not happening, shut up.

5. Would you rather win 1 contienental cup or 4 world cups?

4 world obviously

6. Which country would win if it was VHL members playing for their real life country in a league wide world cup?
its hard to say, I want to say the US or Canada likely has the most players.

1. What are your thoughts on Fong/Baozi stepping down as head mod of the VHL? Will Fresco do anything or will he remain inactive?

2. How has your activity been during the offseason?

3. If you could see any sports game from the past, which would you choose?

4. How about any historical event at all?

5. Predict Ottawa's record next season, why do you think they'll achieve what you said?

6. Would you rather be a power play leader or one of the best penalty killers?

1. What are your thoughts on Fong/Baozi stepping down as head mod of the VHL? Will Fresco do anything or will he remain inactive?

As I don't know Fresco, it's hard to say but hopefully he'll step in and get something popping.

Meh. We lost our cat a couple weeks back and I admittedly didn't do too much during that space of time.

As I used to live in Seattle, I would love to see the game where the Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley Cup.

As long as I didn't get sick or something, I would love to have been a fly on the wall for the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

5. Predict Ottawa's record next season, why do you think they'll achieve what you said?

I think it'll be 67-5. Once the dispersal draft is over, things should be a lot more even and with there being some great players out there, I think Ottawa can really climb up the leaderboard. Hopefully I'm here for it.

Penalty killer. That way the other team hopefully gets less goals on average if we happen to take a dumb penalty.

12 hours ago, Hogan said:

1. I don't think that much will change, the people who need to get banned will get banned and so on.

2. It's been peak, the JST and Pro-am are keeping me very engaged right now and I have been very excited about recreation.

3. I would want to be at the 2014 World Cup Final, that would be such a special experience.

4. I'd want to see an ancient civilization as they were, something like the Roman/Aztec/Mayan/etc daily life.

5. I think they'll finish at a comfortable 51-18-3 with 105 pts if they use these high draft picks really well.

6. I'd rather make sure no goals go in- can't lose if you don't allow goals!

1.  What are your thoughts on Fong/Baozi stepping down as head mod of the VHL? Will Fresco do anything or will he remain inactive?

I think that Fresco will likely just keep things running the way they are. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I have been working on TPE development so I am maxed out for the next season, I am also working on building a resume for management in an attempt to get GM spots.

Ottowa V Sabres, 2009 I think it was.

I would love to see a Roman gladiatorial game.

I think ottowa will have around 53-15-3

I would rather be a goalkeeper to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

1. The draft is in only a few days and Ottawa has a couple of high picks, what positions do you think they'll fill in the first round?

2. Predict the our goalies save percentage by the end of the season. I'd go with a strong .915. 

3. Do you think the Lynx have any more trades up their sleeves?

4. Should I say screw it and create 50 muilties to bulk up the team?

5. Whats the best fast food restaurant?

6. Whats something your player cant go without doing?

1. I feel like a good scoring center and a goalie would be among the first picks honestly.

2. by the end of the season, lets go with a 0.911.

3. i honestly wouldn’t rule anything out. It’s a draft and anything can happen!

4. I’m not saying yes but I’m also not saying no either . . .  😉

5. It honestly depends since some things are very regional. I eat the most often as McDonalds but as far as quality, Carl’s Jr. would be my pick.

6. Calling his grandpa and grandma every Sunday. He’s a good grandson.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Did you guys even know I'm your AGM? I apologize for being so crazy inactive.

2. Do you think we can turn the jets on? Only three points seperate us from 5th place in the league.

3. Who do you think will finish with the most points for the Lynx? Harris and Petan Jr are currently tied with 20 a piece.

4. Whats the next step for you in the league after this season?

5. What has been your favourite VHL memory? 

6. Should the VHL bring back the VHL app?