The Tale of Roland Brice

Tagger

Who is Roland Brice?: Roland Brice is a defenseman from Baltimore who, after spending his time before the VHL Draft with the Kolari Panthers, was drafted with the 21st pick in the Season 32 VHL Draft by the Toronto Legion. As he was inactive and had only 24 TPE at the time he was drafted, he was immediately sent down to the VHLM to play for the Oslo Storm who had selected Brice with the 34th pick in the S32 VHLM Draft. Brice spent four seasons with the Oslo Storm, winning the Founders Cup with them in Season 32. His best season was in Season 34 where he put up a very respectable 92 points, finishing fifth out of all defensemen in that category. After a two-year hiatus which many would have thought to have signaled the end of Brice's hockey career, he was picked up by the Moscow Red Wolves in Season 38 and played with them the following season as well, which would be his final season in professional hockey.

What is special about Roland Brice?: He's the only player in VHL history to have played in only one VHL game.  

What game did he play in?: In a 4-1 victory for the Titans over the Iron Eagles in Season 31. He even contributed with an assist and got the third star. Not bad for your first VHL game as a 24 TPE player!

Wait, What?: Yes, if that doesn't make any sense (given that the game took place the season before Brice was drafted), it's because it shouldn't. Since I wasn't in the league at the time and the site which this happened on is no longer visible, there's no way for me to know why that happened. My best guess would be that, as this was during the time that VHL and VHLM teams were on the same index and VHL teams were linked to VHLM teams in the sim, I would presume that when Brice was added to the sim, he hadn't been sent down to the VHLM team that the Titans were linked with, which was the Kolari Panthers (the team he should have been on).