Claimed:No Disciplinary Action for Xin Xie Xiao

Baozi

• Head Moderator

MDZ+hitting.jpg

No Disciplinary Action for Xin Xie Xiao

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

Looks like Xin Xie Xiao will be back in the lineup for the Americans this week against the Titans. VHLHockeyNews.com reports that the VHL discipline committee has decided that XXX’s boarding penalty on Wesley Kellinger did not warrant further suspension.

The American right winger was given a double minor on the ice for a crushing hit on Kellinger into the neutral zone boards in the American’s 5-3 win over the Meute last week. Further replay showed possible head contact on the play as well and this was brought to the attention of the league which decided to review the play and only today released a statement in regards to the hit. XXX went on to score a natural hat trick after the hit to power the Americans over one of the top ranked teams in the league.

“It’s a great to hear the verdict because I want to be out there on the ice helping the team, not sitting in the dressing room not being able to play. It’s the first time I’m had to wait for a review and it was kind of nerve wracking. Kelly was coming across the neutral zone and Valiq kind of sent him a suicide pass along the side board. I wasn’t about to let him go past me, I had to take him out of the play or else it would’ve been an odd man rush. I think at the last moment he saw me coming and tried to squeeze through but I had already gotten the angle on him and made contact. I guess I hit him a bit hard, the penalty was fair, but I went in shoulder to shoulder, had absolutely no intention of going for his head or anything. That’s not the way I play.” – Xin Xie Xiao, New York Americans

LE-Hockey-240.jpg

Xin Xie Xiao is 2nd in the league with hits with 292. But for someone that likes to take the body, he has only garnered 119 penalty minutes. He has been an integral part in the Americans, putting points on the board and generally bringing a hard fore-check game that has been welcomed by the fans. His turnover rate is also one of the lowest on the team, having only 113 hits against him. XXX currently has 57 points in 60 games while playing a solid two way game.

“Upon further review, of the New York Americans versus the Quebec City Meute where Xin Xie Xiao received a double minor boarding penalty  against Wesley Kellinger, the league has found no substantial proof that there was head contact on the play. XXX was assessed a penalty as appropriate for his aggressive hit on Kellinger, but video review shows no conclusive evidence that XXX should be penalized or suspended further for this action. XXX is therefore eligible to play without suspension and this review is to remain as a notation and not as a strike against the player’s disciplinary profile.” – VHL Disciplinary Committee

Content: 3/3 - Break the glass on the next one, ok? That'd be pretty rad, I tell you what.

Grammar: 2/2 - Not a thing, good job.

Appearance: 1/1 - Oh yes.

Overall: 6/6 - YUP.

• 2 weeks later...