Claimed: Storming into Oslo [1/2]

jRuutu

fandraft-tv1.jpg

Oslo fan in green shirt hearing who his favorite team picked on the first round

With the fourth overall pick, Oslo Storm chooses Rauno Palo.

That is a historical and important quote, my journey towards playing hockey on the absolute top level has officially started! Or well, part two of it has. Been playing hockey all of my life, but getting the opportunity to join VHLM and take one step towards VHL is a big thing. I know I mentioned this in the past, but the biggest reason why I decided to join VHLM instead of staying in Finland for season or two more was the style of hockey in VHLM, it´s simply closer to VHL than in Finland.

These are exciting times not just from the hockey perspective, already packed everything and tomorrow I will fly to Norway. The Storm organization has promised to help me to find a apartment as soon as possible, which is a good thing since I don´t really know too much about Oslo, but if the information I found from the interweb can be trusted, I should feel right at home. Born and raised in Finland after all, I feel the culture shock would have been a lot bigger if I got picked by one of the North-American teams. Norwegians and Finnish people have a lot of common, both dislike Sweden, so we are almost like brothers and sisters.

271px-14-09-02-oslo-RalfR-457.jpg

They have busses in Oslo

What comes down to Oslo Storm as a team, they have really promising players in the roster, so I should be able to learn a lot during my time in the VHLM. Need to be ready right from the start or you will lose your spot quickly. Still, in the first couple weeks I´m not going to take too much stress about what happens on the ice, going to try my best of course and see where it takes me. Never played with any of the guys before, so going to take some time before we figure each other out and start to play on the level many expect from us.

aubergine_1f346.png

Luckily for me, the first ice training session is on Saturday, cant wait to get on the ice and start working out hard again. I have not been able to skate too much in the past five days due to minor injury on my toe, got a tattoo on my pinky toe and it´s been really sore for some reason. Might have to find a doctor once I land into Oslo tomorrow, not sure if tattoos should hurt for this long? Need to hope it´s nothing too serious, eggplant emoji tattooed on your toe is not a good reason to miss training, especially if you are new player like I am, I have heard rumours that the coaching staff in Oslo is not afraid to let the players know if they have done something bad.

But as mentioned, getting picked by a VHLM team is big moment for me - really looking forward to seeing how I play in my first season in VHLM and how we do as a team, not setting any point or goal targets, the one and only thing I want is to improve as a player during my time in Oslo.

• 1 month later...

Review:

Palo is definitely destined to be a great player. :) I'm glad you decided to recreate after all.

Hopefully we can play together again some day, although it's hard to say any time soon consider we will both go high in the draft, unless Legion get 2-4th overall and not 1st.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Storming into Oslo [1/2]