Banackock

26f670f9d1d9811691c10aa10008d83b

Player name: Maxim Kovalchuk

Position: Defense

Number: 44

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 208

Birthplace: Sochi, Russia

Kovalchuk? Does the name ring a bell? Ilya Kovalchuk? Ah, not for that reason - so the name likely rings a bell but not for the right reasons. While there hasn't been proven to be any relationship between the two, you could say the two are based off their amazing and incredible, elite talents on the ice surface. For Maxim Kovalchuk though, he's a man that holds down the blue line and manages to stay happy in one league. So you don't have to expect this guy to run away to another league because he's a money hungry twat whose loyal to his own country. Maxim is here to stay and he's here to dominate. For the Banackock agency, they did things pretty decent with Aleksei Federov on the blue line, but now with a little experience under their belt developing d-men in the VHL, we're expecting Kovalchuk to fully come out swinging. Where he lands is a mystery, but the young d-man already made it clear in a one post to Toronto GM that he has zero interest in going to Davos and has 100% intentions on sitting out if they feel the need to take him. Pretty ballsy for a new guy hey? We like it. 

For his skills, he very oddly doesn't follow suit of a d-men. You expect them to be pretty good defensively, but this is something he lacks. He's prided himself on being a shoot first, heavy offensive guy on the back end and that isn't about to change anytime soon. While his skills will slowly increase and he's likely to be developed into a two-way kind of guy, for the VHLM, we're expecting him to play strongly offensively and tally up those points. but for that, we'll need to drop him under the microscope a little better. Let's take a look, shall we? 

STENGTHS

Scoring and shooting - It shouldn't surprise you as it's something he's heavily been focused on all throughout his career. The man has an amazing shot and this accounts for a lot of his goals. Now, if only he could clue in and start focusing on other shit, he could actually become a real offensive threat. Skating? Puck handling? That sort of shit.

Loyalty - Despite shitting on Davos because he doesn't give a shit about their GM and would rather play for someone with higher nobility, he's a very loyal guy and if you land him and know what the fuck you're doing, there's a good chance he sticks with you for quite some time. Though, this can change, so be weary GM's. Not sure If he wants to fuck around and play on lots of teams and chase the cup or what yet. I'd stay the fuck away if there's better options IMO, but it isn't called a gamble for no reason.

Eventually, PH - It isn't nothing yet, but he's focusing on other shit. Scoring was big, then skating and then, PH. Lazy right? Can't spell the word. How bout the word count? hehe. PH is huge for anyone that wants to be offensive and while I'm in the VHLM, fuck everything else. I want to win 0 of course I want to. LaFlamme and I are going to run this shit and hopefully crash Smarch's dreams, but it will all start with Kovy's offensive dreams.

Weakness 

Defense - For a d-man, we expect a lot more than 45 or whatever the fuck he's at. Like, is he Ovechkin in his early days but a d-man sitting on his ass waiting for that chance to score? Dude, you're a d-man. Fucking act like one?  Or not. He serves a purpose and knows his goal in this league. He'll grow and become a two-way player but at this current moment, it could likely be he biggest, positional weakness.

Checking - Big boy, big body, little hits. This is surprising for someone of his size but other than Ovie and maybe the select few, what Russian can really hit and kick the fuck out of players? Probably a good question. This is probably another thing you can expect to go up soon as he wishes to be dominant but I wouldn't expect it "SOON" and more "SOONER RATHER THAN LATER". He's got other shit on his mind.

Face off - He's a fucking d-man, so why the fuck would he have this? But, the ways of the rookie report wishes for you to talk about his weakness and if he has one, it's likely this. While he isn't hurting, he isn't fucking great and to be honest, anyone on Davos could beat him and other than a couple players, the rest are shit and the teams overrated. Kidding, but we're trying to start beef for a fun rivalry. but really, don't draft me. Either way, go the offensive way, crush the VHL and FO's are overrated.

+8 Kovy

Edited by Banackock

• 2 months later...

an interesting vulgarity filled media spot with attitude. Nice that you have a pic to go along with it.

As I read this my gut instinct tells me Kovy will have the skill set to be a star in the making. But will his "Fuck 'em" attitude hold him back? Only time will tell.

Over all a decent write up Bana. Everything seems to be in place spelling and punctuality wise, and I rate this media spot PG -13.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: Maxim Kovalchuk - RP [1/2]