VHFL Update #1

scoop

It's me, the guy who likes to talk and write about the VHFL here to update you on how the season is going so far. Well, for starters, I'm not all that surprised with the current top five players; from first to fifth, at the top it goes Emil Martinov, Slava Aleksei, Sebastian Ironside, Jake Scheel, and Dragon McDragon. Most of these players probably aren't on very many fantasy teams, with Aleksei and Ironside being the most likely exceptions. Of course, these are all defensemen playing for the bottom three teams, and if you haven't figured it out yet, but those players are valuable in the VHFL given the 0.8 fantasy points per shot blocked. Slava Aleksei was recently traded to the Dynamo, so his scoring will likely go down a bit, though he is still a good player and he could get in on the scoring for the Dynamo.

I'm a little surprised by the top forward being rookie Matt Thompson, but his 42 shots blocked playing for an awful Seattle team is a big reason for that. He also has 11 goals and 32 hits, so he has good numbers all-around. Aleksei Federov, Keaton Louth, Gabriel McAllister, and Jack Shepard are the other top five forwards (though Keaton Louth was likely drafted in most leagues as a defenseman, where he was playing to begin the season). All these players have a good number of goals, and with the exception of Jack Shepard, they also have a high number of hits. Shepard makes up for a lack of hits by leading the league with 18 goals and 31 points.

The top goalie currently is TOR G, courtesy of a league-leading 656 saves. Markus King is the next goalie, though some of the top goalies in the league have already sat out for some of their requisite backup games. As it stands, no goalie has really broken away, which, if it happens, will likely come by way of a high number of shutouts.

And to anyone in Group 2, I am currently in the lead.