Nguyen Holding Youth Camp

Dtayl

Saskatoon - Dylan Nguyen has been a solid player on the ice for the Saskatoon Wild, averaging a point per game (23 P, 23 GP) and over 1 shot blocked per game (36 SB, 23 GP). However, he has run in to some trouble off the ice, particularly on the 4th of July. Nguyen is clearly looking to turn that around though, as this week he announced that he would be hosting a free weekend hockey camp for youth players around Saskatoon at the Wild Arena.

When asked why he was holding the camp he said: “When I was little I always dreamed of being a pro player, and meeting a pro player but my family never had enough money to take me to camps or games. Once I became a pro I thought to myself, I have an opportunity here to do something amazing for these kids. This is a chance for kids who might not be able to afford it to get to experience hockey camp and meet with a pro player, even if I’m only a rookie in the minors (Laughs)”.

So far the only player scheduled to be there is Dylan, but he has reached out to his teammates Ryuu Crimson, Lefty, and Kasper Loh, among others, in hopes they will help him in crafting the next generation of Saskatoon players. The camp will be limited to 200 kids, and is a first come first serve situation. So be early and be ready to get some work in with the Saskatoon rookie sensation Dylan Nguyen.

Edited by Dtayl