boring trade deadlines

hedgehog337

14 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

What an eventful TD.

The Toronto GM obviously was being sarcastic about this trade deadline. The worst thing is, this is not the first boring TD. When was the last time the trade deadline was exciting? Like in S49 when Seattle traded their players to contenders as they couldn't compete anymore? I don't know, maybe there were more recent trade deadlines that went crazy, but I think this is at least fourth or fifth uneventful TD in a row. Not really gonna search a reason here, just was pointing this change of scenery. Back in the day, we were waiting for this event for some blockbusters and other crazy things. Now nobody cares about it, except for members who are about recreate or create a first gen player.

Too tight cap for trades? GM's too afraid of risky moves? Or are they too lazy? No answers from me. I remember some people were talking about it and they mentioned the cap as the reason.

Well, this was my big article about this trade deadline. Yes, the big article. There's nothing to write about so sub 200 words topic is solid.

And I created a new player, yay.

• Commissioner

The cap is no tighter then it ever has been. Difference is simply that more teams are getting their rosters set at the beginning of the season now then they used to. It used to be common practice to hold off on some deals until the deadline to get those sweet cheaper players but now most just set their rosters up at the starts and hold onto them.

21 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

The Toronto GM obviously was being sarcastic about this trade deadline. The worst thing is, this is not the first boring TD. When was the last time the trade deadline was exciting? Like in S49 when Seattle traded their players to contenders as they couldn't compete anymore? I don't know, maybe there were more recent trade deadlines that went crazy, but I think this is at least fourth or fifth uneventful TD in a row. Not really gonna search a reason here, just was pointing this change of scenery. Back in the day, we were waiting for this event for some blockbusters and other crazy things. Now nobody cares about it, except for members who are about recreate or create a first gen player.

Too tight cap for trades? GM's too afraid of risky moves? Or are they too lazy? No answers from me. I remember some people were talking about it and they mentioned the cap as the reason.

Well, this was my big article about this trade deadline. Yes, the big article. There's nothing to write about so sub 200 words topic is solid.

And I created a new player, yay.

Everyone made their big deals in the off season.  

At this point I feel like you know if your team is going to be a competitor or not at the beginning of the season, so why wait on a trade when that just leaves time for another guy to snatch the player you were after?