Welcome to the VHL, Ryuu Crimson [1/2]

Saskatoon-Ryuu Crimson was just picked by the Riga Reign in the Victory Hockey League Entry Draft. He was a 2nd round pick and was the Riga's third pick. He was the first pick in the 2nd round. He was also the 9th overall pick in the draft. "Can't believe I've gotten this far into my Career and made the Victory Hockey League. And I hope I am able to make my mark. Even if it is a small one."

Ryuu Crimson is hoping for a new start and is so happy to be in the Victory Hockey League. "Honestly, this is awesome, I get to be in one of the biggest Leagues in the world. I get to play on the same stage or rink as legends like Boomchenko, Legion Legend Scotty Campbell, Kanou, Fong, Mikka Virkkunen and so much more. Plus I get to go against one of my biggest idols, Sergei Komarov. I am really psyched up for this season and I hope I can prove myself worthy of the VHL."

Ryuu Crimson, who scored 10 goals in the short time he has been in the VHLM and hopes to score more in the VHL. "I kinda felt disappointed. I mean sure, I joined late but still. I couldn't even get 10 in the regular season. I also need to work more on my passing ability and cause I'm not good at assists at all. It's either shoot or be shot at for me. I really need to change that."

Ryuu Crimson says he is glad to be in the league. "I'm not looking to get a trophy named after me, or to become the next Gretzky, or the next Superstar of the Victory Hockey League. I'm just here to play the game I love, for the people who love the sport as much as I do. If anything, I shouldn't even be here. There are so much kids and people out there who worked their butts off for this kind of opportunity. Some made it, the others didn't. I am so lucky to be one of the few people who made it. I'm not playing for myself, or for just my team. I want to play for all those who dreamed and believed."

His father flew in from Japan to show his support and he is so proud of his son. "I am so proud of Ryuu. I never thought I would be able to see my son be drafted into one of the most prestigious and famous leagues in the world." His brother and sister, Tsubasa and Tsui Crimson, also flew in to congratulate their brother.

"I am so excited, Nyugen got 7th pick and we are on the same team! I can't thank our General Manager enough! Plus I get to play with my new friend, Edwin Preencarnacion! This is an awesome way to start my Victory Hockey League career, thank you so much!"

Him and some Wild members are planning to party all night after the draft.

"I'm so excited for this new chapter in my life! Go Reign Go!"

Edited by SlapshotDragon

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Welcome to the VHL, Ryuu Crimson [1/2]