Nguyen's Introduction to Riga [1/2]

Dtayl

Riga - Dylan Nguyen, one of the draftees of the Riga Reign, from the VHL S62 draft, flew in this morning from the United States. Dylan will be introducing himself to his new teammates, talking with the front office about his future and conducting a media introduction. 

The following is an English transcript of Dylan Nguyen’s media introduction for the Riga Reign:

Media: First, we must ask, what were your feelings after being drafted by the Reign 7th overall

Dylan: It was one of the best moments of my life honestly. I expected to be drafted a little later than 7th but I accomplished my goals of making the VHL, and getting drafted in the top 10. It was just amazing. I can’t thank @hedgehog337 enough for having enough belief in me to take me so early in the draft. I called my family right after, there were tears and laughs and everyone's supporting me. After my call I hopped on a plane to Latvia and here I am. Quite a busy time for me right now (laughs). 

Media: How do you feel about playing in Riga? It is far from your homeland of America. 

Dylan: You know, I think I’m going to love it here. The fans seem amazing and Riga is a beautiful city right on the coast, amazing architecture, the river is absolutely beautiful and I can’t wait to try the food! After a little mini camp here in Riga with the team I’m actually going to travel around Latvia, Lithuania and Poland and just kinda absorb the culture and get to know the area and the fans.  Of course I’m also brushing up on my Latvian, gotta know the language somewhat, right? 

Media: How did you feel about the rest of Riga’s draft class aside from you? 

Dylan: Oh man, I’m really excited for this class. We got Twinger who is a freaking beast on the ice and i’m sure he will be a star in no time. Next, we got my good friend Ryuu Crimson, who I wanted to play with in the VHL and who is going to be great for the team. Then, we got Shawn Glade another Defense-man who I hope is going to be my line-mate on Riga’s top D line for years to come. Then Riga further solidified their trouble spots in adding some more Defense-men. So I think this was a really good draft and come S63 Riga is going to be a very dangerous team. 

Media: You said S63, so are you planning to stay one more year in the VHLM?

Dylan: Yeah, I really want to win a VHLM championship and I think staying in the minors for one more season will help me develop to my fullest before hitting the big leagues. I think Shawn and Ryuu are also sticking in the VHLM for one more season too. So that why I said S63 is going to be lit for the Reign. 

Media: Do you plan on playing in Riga your whole career? Or do you see yourself moving around

Dylan: I think staying in Riga my whole career is definitely a possibility. I mean im a very loyal guy and Riga has given me my shot so intend to repay that. That being said, there are unforeseen things in the future that I cannot guarantee I will always be a member of the Reign. So while I don't plan on bouncing around the VHL, anything is possible. 

Media: Final Question, what are your goals while playing for the Reign? 

Dylan: My goal is to win championships first and foremost. After that, making the all-star team, possibly winning MVP (laughs). Really my goal is to be the best damn hockey player on the ice at all times, win some trophies and make some friends in the process. I’m literally living my dream, and I want to keep doing so for as long as I can. 

Word count: 657; Claiming for week 8/6/18 - 8/12/18

I would consider fixing some of those minor grammatical errors. It makes the interview look a little unprofessional I understand that this is a weekly thing but that little bit more work does make it look a little bit more professional. Good luck with future interviews.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Nguyen's Introduction to Riga [1/2]