another opinion on S62

hedgehog337

Today I wrote an article for the first time since...idk when. I was talking about S62 and if you read that article before this you know I predicted a three-team race and the other five teams fighting for either better picks or having more fun by making the playoffs. But why only three teams. Wasn't it supposed to be at least a four team race? Well, this is what's going to happen. But why?

I think there is one big reason why this will happen. Mediocre drafts. Let's look what happened after the S54 draft (S55-60, to be more accurate). Take the S57 draft away and all we see is either mediocrity or drafts with some good players, but still not being exceptional. 

S55 - Savard ends up as the best draftee, but we can't forget about Bogdanovic and Quill. Anyways, no real superstar player here. 

S56 - looks better. McAllister is obviously a real star here as well as Ron too. Komarov is having a good career too. But this draft wasn't deep enough. 

S58 - another draft without a star player. And before @Bushito argues with me about Canmore - I didn't include GM players in this article since they weren't drafted. A couple of decent second liners/second pair guys like Morozov, Warlock, Axelsson and a good player in McKnight. Still, it was another an okay draft at best. 

S59 - Bassolino looks nice. Lawson and Lebrunette are also doing their jobs. Other than that, nothing really interesting. 

S60 - a bit better than two last drafts. Dragomir is about to become an offensive powerhouse, Iseault could become Quebec's franchise goalie and Arroyo is also doing his job well. Then we have Vihljamson who's still having a potential, but seems like Haz went inactive on VHL. 

These 5 drafts produced some guys with a HoF potential (escpecially S56), but no one was deep and a big part of these drafts already went inactive and one of them was even banned. So this is defnitely a reason why the S62 will be a three team race.