Interview with Jose Gonzalez [1/2]

Jose Gonzalez

We caught up with Jose Gonzalez as he landed into McCarran Airport in Las Vegas coming from Halifax. Jose was drafted by Vegas in the S62 VHLM Dispersal Draft with his close friend Alexander Pepper. Jose is a 17 year old Reno native who has lived in Las Vegas for the past 8 years. 

Media: While you were sitting in those stands waiting for your name to be called what were you thinking?

Jose: I was Obviously hoping that I was drafted by specific teams and Vegas was number one on that list. While my suspected draft position came closer I heard that Vegas had traded for the draft I was expected to be picking in and needless to say I was very excited.

Media: You have lived in Vegas for a very long time did you ever root for the Aces?

Jose: Well of course I did, there isn't a team anywhere near Reno, so I grew up rooting for the Aces in the VHLM. 

Media: When we watch your videos of you in the leagues in Vegas you seemed to never play very good defense. Are you planning on working on that?

Jose: Yea of course I am going to work on that. I want to be the best hockey player I can be and currently my biggest weakness is my defense. I will of course continue working on my shooting, but right not my biggest priority is becoming better at defense.

Media: Last year you scored 29 goals in just 52 games in that league, do you think that you can keep those numbers up in the VHLM?

Jose: It is going to be difficult, but I think i can do it. The VHLM is very tough league but this isn't my final goal, that is to end up in the VHL. I think most young aspiring hockey players are now trying to reach the VHL.

Media: The previous draft class had multiple players from Vegas, do you think this is a trend we could see grow more?

Jose: I think Vegas is a growing hockey town. The city has fallen in love with the Aces, and they are raising their kids watching the games. I think if you would have walked down the roads just a few years ago, and asked people if they knew the rules of hockey most would of just said that the didn't. This has changed as the city adores hockey as it is the first sport to try out Vegas as a home.

Media: Do you think that the new management with the Aces could help the team?

Jose: Of course I think they can. The change in ownership will hopefully help propel the team forward and possibly even get a cup soon. Vegas definitely wants it.

Media: You got drafted just before Alexander Pepper, are you going to give him a hard time about that?

Jose: Well of course I am, we are very close and being drafted by the same team is made us both very happy.

Media: Well Jose I hope you had a nice flight and good luck on the upcoming season.

Jose: Thanks for having me and thanks for the good luck.

Edited by Jose Gonzalez

Review - Interviews are always fun to read. It's a great opportunity to develop your character's personality instead of just focusing on the stats and helps you get into the roleplay of things. You did a great job here representing the character of your player and I can picture the conversation very easily. Great work.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Interview with Jose Gonzalez [1/2]