Jose Gonzalez Interview at WJC [1/2]

Jose Gonzalez

Jose Gonzalez was selected to represent team America, who has been performing extremely poorly at the WJC s62. Jose has also been impressive in the VHLM with 26 goals and 52 points in 46 games. He has played for the Las Vegas Aces who are currently in 3rd place behind Ottawa and Halifax. The United States has a record of 3-5. After their previous game with team ASIA we talked to Jose.

MEDIA: How are you doing today Jose?

JOSE: As good as you can do after a loss.

MEDIA: Can you give us some insight on why the United States is under performing?

JOSE: I think everyone is not playing well, I don't know what is going on.

MEDIA: Well you have been playing extremely poorly with just 2 goals in 8 games and 6 points in those same games what can you say?

JOSE: I think I came in here cocky. I came into this competition expecting to win and win big and it has hindered my performance.

MEDIA: Do you think this performance can show any insight into your future into the VHL and possibly the VHLM?

JOSE: I hope not... I have been playing extremely well and am currently the number one rookie ion the VHLM so I am hoping this just jet lag from traveling to Hong Kong.

MEDIA: Enough about your performance at the WJC, can we talk about your performance in the VHLM season this year?

JOSE: Of course.

MEDIA: With you being the current 2nd best rookie in the VHLM what are you thinking?

JOSE: Well it is to beat Julian of course. We are super competitive in practice and with everything so we are fighting hard to be the best.

MEDIA: With everyone predicting how the VHL draft with happen what are you thinking.

JOSE: To be honest, I haven't looked at any of those predictions. I will go off of what happens that fateful night, and hope that I gain my right into a hopeful future.

MEDIA: Are there any teams you are looking to be drafted by?

JOSE: I grew up being a Seattle fan so I am looking at Seattle, but anywhere in the US would be awesome.

MEDIA: With you being on a higher level team so long, is there anything that you are considering pet peeves or pregame rituals?

JOSE: I don't think so no, but I do for sure eat a steak before every game if you want to count that.

MEDIA: A huge story line going into this season was the Las Vegas picked two Las Vegas locals to play on their team and both have performed extremely well. Are you hoping to be drafted by the same team as Alexander in the VHL draft?

JOSE: Well of course I am, Alex and I go back a long way and playing for the same team in the VHLM has been a dream let alone the Aces.

MEDIA: Well Jose that is all the time we have for today good luck on the rest of the WJC and the rest of the VHLM season.

JOSE: Thanks for having me.

word count 524.

• 1 month later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Jose Gonzalez Interview at WJC [1/2]