The notstevedangle podcast (interview) [1/2]

jacobaa19

ANNND WERE BACK! we have our very special guest in EVAN R LAWSON FROM THE CALGARY WRANGLERS! Welcome to the show, just a quick thank you because you are our first VHL player not a prospect! 

Lawson- Yea well thanks for havin me on! ive been a fan since you lads started!

Well lets jump straight into the questions! nobody comes here for the small talk...

QUESTION ONE are you happy with how you started off the season?

Not too bad so far, I'd like to be doing a little better to try to get most improved but I'm miles better than last year. If I keep up the pace I'm on that should be a good season for me.

Well considering your on the best team in the league I think as long as your puttin up points your pretty dam good!

but uhh How do you think the team is performing so far? Obviously first place and all but whats your take?

1st place by a lot, so you know, I'm pretty happy with that. We have the best goalie in the league who is almost twice as good as the second best, plus a couple great forwards and a great d, so yeah we're killing it.

So yea you've got everyone else's opinion Im just gonna say it! NO OFFENCE BUD BUT GO LEGION!

Ok but what place are they in again? oh sorry...

Who would you say is the biggest rival to you and/or your team? TORONTO RIGHT?!

Ha no..Davos right now. The defending champions, beat us in the finals, they're the biggest threat to us winning the cup and therefore the biggest rivals. Quebec are somewhat rivals as well as they're doing pretty solidly this season. As of late they're dropping off but you never really know.

Oh I dont know what they're doing over there...

NotAdam- .What are some things the team could work on that they are aware of? 

Defensive depth. Johnsson and Quill are great but it's a massive drop off to Stromberg. Ultimately, it's better to have a good offense in this league, especially with the weakness of most goalies at the moment - no offense Kingfisher - but after those two guys it's such a night and day difference. 

Yea I see what ya mean but then again first place eh? So tell us whats your mindset goin into a game?

I always have to call my brother Hank exactly 17 minutes before the game. Just long enough to get in a small chat before coach confiscates the phones until after the game. 

Cool cool..So uhh what was you favorite team growing up as a child 

Pittsburgh Penguins. I've been watching them since I was a kid, grew up on one of the greatest players to ever play the game, Mario Lemieux. Saw Jaromir Jagr when he was actually young, Ron Francis when he played and before he was GM and part owner of Carolina, Paul Coffey, Tom Barrasso, the list goes on. I'm not gonna lie I miss the NHL but without that league folding we wouldnt have the VHL so its fine I guess..

ITS NOT FINE I MISS MY LEAFS! -small crying noises-

Ok while NotSteve has his mental breakdown we'll keep going with the questions...any goals for the season?

I'd like to finish above a point per game. I've been floating right around that mark all season

It'd honestly be great to see that your havin a great season.. I think ya may have just broken Notsteve so... Were gonna let you go good luck with the wrest of the season!

Hey thanks for havin me!

IM GOOD That was Evan Lawson of the Calgary Wranglers! what a guy! Hes on one of the best teams ive seen in ages and hes a great player!

(word count 641) @diamond_ace

Edited by jacobaa19

Just now, diamond_ace said:

Also - I take it that in your interpretation of the VHL universe the NHL has folded? Interesting take. We all do that aspect differently, I like how it's left kind of open for interpretation

yeah it was something i thought of while doing my first media spot so i figured id start mentioning it

• 2 months later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to The notstevedangle podcast (interview) [1/2]